Global Agenda's Largest Expansion to Date Arriving in Early Fall
Also included in the 1.5 update will be new enemy bots, additional daily quests for solo and teams, additional flares, a revamped tutorial and quite a bit more. For all the juicy details be sure to check out the official press release following the break for more. Stay tuned and we'll bring you any new details about Global Agenda's latest content from the PAX Prime event.
Global Agendas Largest Expansion Coming Early Fall and Free To All Players
Recursive Colony themed Open Zone and Co-Op content playable at PAX Prime 2011
ATLANTA - August 25, 2011 - Today, Hi-Rez Studios announced that the Recursive Colony expansion to Global Agenda will be released in early Fall and will be available to all players with no purchase required. Version 1.5 will be the largest content update in the history of Global Agenda. Attendees of the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, WA can be the first to play the new content this weekend within the Hi-Rez Studios booth #252.
Global Agenda, the award-winning squad-based shooter MMO, was the first free-to-play game on Steam and has received numerous content updates since release. But the upcoming Recursive Colony expansion is significant in that it introduces a brand new Open Zone, the first such addition since the Sandstorm expansion last summer.
Players seeking a quest-driven, narrative experience post level 20 can now level-up in the new Open Zone as an alternative to, or in addition to, our instanced missions, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. Weve also included a new set of instanced PvE and PvP content for players at all levels.
Version 1.5 is themed around the Recursive Colony - an electronic, hive-mind faction of robots constructing robots and intruding upon the player social hub of Dome City.
Notable expansion additions include:
· New Open Zone with several instanced missions, quest chains, mid-high level content, vendors, social spaces
· New enemy bots - encountered within Open Zone as well as instanced missions
· Daily Repeatable Quests - for solo agents and teams. Some quests take place in zones, while others send teams into Recursive Colony hive nodes and ruins. These quests include new 4-man defense Raid missions - now available to smaller groups (1-4) at lower levels (20+)
· New Dyes, Flair, and Trails - rewards for winning missions, completing daily quests, rare bot drops, others given via achievements
· New Pets - new pets available as rewards and crafted items.
· New Blueprints - for consumables and mods
· Easier crafting - components now within the zone, to help with leveling crafting skills
· New High/Max/UltraMax missions entering the Spec Ops queues
· New PvP Map - Push Dust will be entering the Merc queue from Beta
· New PvP Acquisition/CTR Map - Colony Caverns will be entering the Beta Queue
· Revamped Intro Missions - Tutorials now include class-specific elements to help train new players
· Some quests now affect the state of the world (example - Brownouts in Dome City...)
· Ability to transfer between different Open Zone instances (and VR Arena)
· Open Zone cross-instance chat channels
· Disconnect to Character Select Screen without re-login
· Improved Vendor Item Previewing
About Hi - Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios, Inc, located just outside of Atlanta GA, was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In February 2010 the company released the squad-based Shooter-MMO Global Agenda. Hi-Rez is currently developing other competitive online games including Tribes: Ascend and SMITE. For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com