ArenaNet continues to march to its two-week content cadence for Guild Wars 2 (GW2) next week with the release of Fractals, the latest update to GW2Âs Living Story. Fractured embodies changes voted on by players in the GW2 election back in July, where Captain Ellen Kiel won out over Evon Gnashblade to fill the vacant seat on the LionÂs Arch CaptainÂs Council. Part of KielÂs campaign promise was to research the meltdown of Thaumanova Reactor, which leads to more content in the next update.
Fractured includes three new Fractals, allowing players to experience the daring raids on the Molten Alliance facilities of TyriaÂs past, while the Aetherblade Fractal tasks players with infiltrating the AetherbladeÂs old base.Â Additionally, the update also includes two boss fractals, Fractal Progression changes, Fractal of the Mists Leaderboards, and more.
ArenaNet will be holding a livestream event on Twitch for an inside look at the new content at 12PM PT on Wednesday, November 27. In the meantime, you can check out the Fractured content page for more. Be sure to keep a check on GuildWars2Hub for all the latest news, guides, and content for GW2.
Guild Wars 2Â® Fractured
Captain Ellen Kiel fulfills campaign promise to players in latest Living World update
BELLEVUE, Wash. Â Nov. 19, 2013: ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today announced the latest Guild Wars 2 content update, Fractured, featuring changes to the Living World that players voted for in-game earlier this year.
The release builds on JulyÂs Cutthroat Politics update that saw players select Captain Ellen Kiel over Evon Gnashblade to fill the vacant seat on the CaptainÂs Council of LionÂs Arch, in part because of KielÂs promise to sponsor research into the meltdown of Thaumanova Reactor. Kiel has made good on that campaign promise and, in Fractured, players can join her in exploring the reactorÂs mysteries in a special story instance with the new Thaumanova Reactor Fractal.
Players can get an inside look at the release, which includes additional new events, features and rewards, during a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Wednesday, Nov. 27, at noon (PST) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
- The Nightmare Continues: The Tower of Nightmares, which has occupied players for weeks, is headed for collapse, but the fight isnÂt over yet. Players can continue their battle against the vile Toxic Alliance to destroy the foul structure and prevent its evil from spreading.
- Three Fractals: In addition to illuminating the strange circumstances of the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, players can experience two more historical events thanks to further Fractals research. The Molten Furnace Fractal allows players to relive the daring raids on the Molten Alliance facilities, while the treacherous Aetherblade Fractal has players infiltrating the AetherbladeÂs old base of villainy.
- Two Boss Fractals: The Jade Maw of the Solid Ocean Fractal is no longer the only challenge awaiting players when they make it to the end of each set of three fractals. Special boss encounters with the Aetherblade captain Mai Trin and the two Molten Alliance champions from the Molten Facility have been added to the rotation.
- Agony Resist Updates: Developers are evolving the way Agony Resistance works on items, so players will now be able to collect drops granting Agony Resistance and combine those to continually increase their level of Agony Resistance.
- Fractals of the Mists Leaderboards: Players soon will be able to earn the envy and adulation of friends and strangers thanks to new leaderboards. Players whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.
- Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges. Every fractal players enter with a fractal level above 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level or change how it is played.
- Obsidian Sanctum Update: Players will now be able to enter the Obsidian Sanctum, the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle, directly through the WvW menu. Additionally, a new arena space has been added for combat between opposing groups of players, and the Borderlands Bloodlust buff will no longer apply in the Obsidian Sanctum.
- Fractal Reward Updates: In addition to earning daily fractal rewards like Empyreal Fragments, Fractal Relics and Pristine Fractal Relics at all levels, players also will earn a gold, or more, making the Fractals of the Mists more rewarding.
- Fractal Tonic: A new, infinite tonic with the ability to transform players into any number of friends and foes from within the Mists awaits as a rare reward found within the Fractals of the Mists.
- New Runes and Sigils: Players braving the dangers of the most difficult fractals will find their valor rewarded by a chance at new sigils and runes to adorn their gear.
Â For more details on Guild Wars 2 or Fractured, visit www.guildwars2.com.