Guild Wars 2: The Nightmares Within Update Coming November 12th
Say what you will about ArenaNet but never say that they arent consistent. Today the developer announced the next update to its bi-weekly content cadence for Guild Wars 2 (GW2) with The Nightmares Within. The latest update will continue to expand Tyrias Living Story, allowing players that have discover the secret behind the toxic defenses guarding the Tower of Nightmares to access the stronghold of the Krait and Nightmare Court alliance.
In addition to the new content, ArenaNet is also launching a new Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest running through Tuesday, November 26th with winners to be announced on the GW2 website on Friday, December 13th. Players that would like to join the competition will need to put together a one-minute music video set to The Nightmares Within song, which can be downloaded here.
Selected winners will receive SteelSeries gaming gear with the grand prize winner receiving a unique 3D GW2 guitar from Sygnus Guitars.
You can get an inside look at the update during a developer Twitch livestream on Wednesday, November 13th at 12PM PT. In the meantime, be sure to check out our list of guides and content coverage for the Tower of Nightmares.
Guild Wars 2® The Nightmares Within
Latest Living World update unleashes new nightmares; heavy metal video contest gives players chance to win custom Guild Wars 2 guitar
BELLEVUE, Wash. Nov. 5, 2013: ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today announced the latest Guild Wars 2 content update, The Nightmares Within, and the corresponding Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest, which features a unique 3D-printed Guild Wars 2 guitar as the grand prize.
In the Nov. 12 release, The Nightmare Within, players continue the sinister storyline that began in Octobers Tower of Nightmares release. Having unlocked the secret behind the toxic defenses surrounding the monolithic Tower of Nightmares, players now can assault the tower itself. But new dangers, frights and challenges await all who dare enter the stronghold of the Toxic Alliance between the reptilian krait and the Nightmare Court.
Players can get an inside look at all the new content, events, and rewards in The Nightmares Within during a developer livestream with ArenaNet developers on Wednesday, Nov. 13 at noon (PST) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch TV channel at http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2.
Rock the Nightmare Music Video Contest
Few things are as metal as a sorcerous tower of evil, and to commemorate The Nightmares Within release, ArenaNet is hosting a heavy metal music video contest. Starting today through Nov. 26 at 11:59 p.m. (PST), players and fans can submit a one-minute music video to The Nightmares Within song, available for download at the ArenaNet SoundCloud page at https://soundcloud.com/arenanet.
The most creative videos will win SteelSeries gaming gear and one grand prize winner also will receive a unique 3D-printed Guild Wars 2 guitar from Sygnus Guitars. Winners will be announced on the Guild Wars 2 website on or around Friday, Dec. 13. More information on the contest, including rules and submission guidelines, can be found at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/community/contests/
- Lingering Poison: Though the Tower of Nightmares has been breached, the Toxic Alliances nefarious presence remains. Players will find that Kessex Hills and the surrounding countryside still are befouled by poisonous pollen.
- Face The Nightmares Within: Special encounters await players brave enough to enter rooms within the Tower of Nightmares. What will they find? Agents of the evil Scarlet Briar? Or something much more insidious? Only one thing is certain: strength, determination and resilience will be required to survive.
- ·The End of Nightmares?: Marjory Delaqua, the human detective, developed a special antitoxin to destroy the deadly menace at the heart of the Tower of Nightmares, but the team she dispatched to inject it never returned. Players will get their chance to pick up the fight and succeed where those before them failed.
- Antitoxic Fashion: Players completing the meta achievement for The Nightmares Within will unlock a special Gasmask Skin that features the latest design in air purification and toxin prevention. This universal skin can be applied to any piece of head armor.
- Exclusive Looks: Players can complete their wardrobes with a new Air Filtration Device a dry-land version of the starter aquatic helm or get the new Toxic Spore back item.
- Minis: Players can earn two new Toxic Krait minis one by destroying Toxic Alliance foes, the other by killing a special enemy hidden deep in the heart of the Tower of Nightmares.
- Tri-Key Chest: Players collecting three keys either from foes within the Tower of Nightmares or by bartering for them with Marjory Delaquas helper, Dee can open the chest for a chance to win special treasures.
For more details on Guild Wars 2 or The Nightmares Within, visit www.guildwars2.com.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Guild Wars 2 Game Page.