Guild Wars 2 WvW Changes Pushed Back to March
ArenaNet announced plans to make some big changes to Guild Wars 2s (GW2) WvW last month. Initial speculation put the changes arriving with the February update, but Colin Johanson took to the GW2 forums to update fans on where the development of the WvW changes stand. In short, you wont be seeing it this month.
Johansons brief post does indicate that the WvW changes will be making their way into the March update, providing some additional time for the devs to work out any lingering issues and polish things up a bit more before they hit live server worlds. Johanson also teased some other features in the works that will be releasing in future GW2 updates that include:
- Continual work to re-build the way our game loads models and compresses data, to allow for more visible characters/names in WvW in the long run as we build towards removing as much culling as possible from the game.
- Expanding on reasons to be winning in WvW beyond the total weekly score, providing stronger incentives for specific objectives and additional short term goals/rewards for winning minute-to-minute in the WvW maps.
- Providing additional ways for WvW players to earn various power-progression rewards available across the game currently in PvE for participating in WvW content.
- Exploring ways to help get more people playing WvW, as well as dealing with queue issues that come with those inherent issues of player population and demand.
- And of course additional polish and cleanup features to make the general experience in WuvWuv more fun and exciting.
Expect to hear more about these features and the timeline for release at a later date.
Source: GW2 WvW Update