New Screenshots and Trailer Arrive with Rise of Isengard Launch
Today is expansion day for The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Rise of Isengard is now live. The gameÂs third expansion expands Middle-earth into Dunland and allows players to explore the Gap of Rohan and the tower of Orthanc. The expansion also includes a level cap increase to 75 and a new 24-player raid.
As part of todayÂs expansion launch, Turbine has released a new batch of screenshots and a launch trailer. Check them out after the break below.
TURBINE LAUNCHES THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINEÂ: RISE OF ISENGARDÂ
Third Major Expansion to the 2010 MMO of the Year Now Available Across North America & Europe
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turbine announced today the launch of The Lord of the Rings OnlineÂ: Rise of IsengardÂ, the next expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG). Players across North America and Europe can purchase and play Rise of Isengard starting today by visiting http://www.lotro.com/isengard.
ÂWeÂre very excited to launch the first major expansion to LOTRO since going free-to-play,Â said Aaron Campbell, Senior Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine. ÂWe canÂt wait for players to continue their adventures through Middle-earth and engage with epic locations such as Orthanc and iconic characters such as Saruman and Grima Wormtongue. WeÂre seeing tremendous excitement from our players as Rise of Isengard is already LOTROÂs best selling expansion ever!Â
THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE: RISE OF ISENGARD FEATURES:
- Ã Explore Three New Regions! -- The time has come for you to turn eastward, toward the vale of Isengard. Where ancient forests once flourished, a corrupted waste of metal and wheels suffers under the thrall of the traitorous wizard Saruman. Here, in the shadows of the tower of Orthanc, gathers an army of Orcs and Uruk-hai, toiling to make ready for war. Forge ahead into these devastated lands and uncover new quests, skills, and traits as you strive to thwart SarumanÂs ambition.
- - Dunland Â Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
- - Gap of Rohan Â Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
- - Isengard Â Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.
- Ã Advance to Level 75!
- - Face new challenges and continue to forge your own legend in Middle-earth with all-new epic quests, skills, and deeds as you fight new enemies on your journey level 75!
- Ã Master the Legendary New 24-Player Raid!
- - Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory.
The Lord of the Rings Online is the ultimate adventure. This award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most famous fantasy of all time. For more information, visit www.lotro.com.
# # #
THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINEÂ interactive video game Â© 2011 Turbine, Inc. and patents pending. All rights reserved. Middle-earth Poster Map Â© 2007 The Saul Zaentz Company, d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises, under license to Turbine, Inc. All rights reserved. ÂThe Lord of the Rings OnlineÂ, ÂRise of IsengardÂ, Middle-earth Enterprises logo, ÂThe Lord of the RingsÂ and the names of the characters, events, items and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of SZC under license to Turbine, Inc. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.