Posted Wed, Jan 08, 2014 by Martuk
The Lord of the Rings Online’s (LOTRO) Community Manager Rick “Sapience” Heaton has thrown down the gauntlet and issued a challenge to the LOTRO community. Heaton has rolled up a level 10 hobbit on every server and is challenging that server to try and get the lowbie hobbit to Isengard alive and unspoiled.
Heaton will post details and times for each server the night before its challenge. But if you want to make things interesting, Heaton encourages other players to roll up their own level 10 hobbits and see just how many can survive the escort to Isengard. Each event will be livestreamed on Twitch, where players can hang out to watch, chat, or ask questions to devs that will be hanging out in the Twitch chat.
Here’s the gist of the details per Heaton’s post.
Here’s how it works
- The day before the challenge, I’ll announce the server chosen at random and the time the challenge starts.
- The challenge starts at the milestone outside The Prancing Pony in Bree.
- Each server is allowed two tries during the live stream. If my Hobbit is defeated he’ll reset to the milestone outside the Prancing Pony and you’ll need to start again. After the second defeat occurs, the challenge is over and the group has failed.
- My Hobbit will be on foot. No mounts.
- Because a level 10 Hobbit isn’t much of a fighter past certain areas, my Hobbit will /follow one person the group designates. Make sure it’s someone who knows the way!
- GM’s will be notified prior to each event. So anyone with plans to grief, harass, or otherwise make trouble during the event should be aware the GMs are on call and watching the stream. So even if I miss it, they probably won’t. The idea here is to have FUN!
- Every server will get a chance to try and get the Hobbits to Isengard. Time will be the ranking method. The fastest time gets the top slot.
- An official leaderboard thread will be created and all official times and success/failure information will be posted there
Can you take the hobbits to Isengard?
Source: LOTRO Forums