Loading.... August 31, 2005
Jeff "Ethec" Woleslagle settling into the plush Boomjack chair at the TTH newsdesk through the rest of the workweek. John sends his regards, he's actually joined an 80s hair-band revival group called "Shady Hot Lightning" whose currently on a brief tour across the northern US. He does background falcetto vocals, wears a snarl on his face, and occasionally nods his head aggressively.
Their first gig at a Wastiphinokee, Wisconsin honky tonk reportedly ended in a scene something like the roughest parts of "Blues Brothers" and "Deliverance" put together. Boomjack, you see, will go to any length to bring you quality weird news, so we're hoping to have a local reporter's take on the incident tomorrow.
What's new and sort-of new around the Ten Ton Hammer communities:
MMOG Mailing List - See Left Menu For Details. No Purchase Necessary. Void Where Prohibited.
- "yours truly" battles with EQ2's most pressing issues.
- Visual HO Guide
- Lycanthor of Highkeep brings us an easy-to-follow guide for these hard-to-execute skillchains.
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
- 17 Classes Too Many?
- Finchal takes an early look at how SoH will handle class roles.
Let John "Boomjack" Hoskin know how much you miss him by sending him a byline (email: [email protected]
) to this juicy article out of one of our favorite weird-news producing countries: "Shanghai Researcher Warns of Rampant Participation in Nude Web Chatrooms
And on to today's strange-but-true news. You can't make this stuff up...
- TTH Continuing Coverage: Farmer Receives 700 Replies to Cornfield-Carved Personals Ad
I guess I need to eat my words: there are airborn, rural, single ladies out there who enjoy hard farm living.
- Man Skips Bill on $17,000 Prosthetic Leg By Running Out the Door
When caught, the man said the prosthetist gave him the means and the "motive" for the crime.
- Street Fighting Monks Expelled from Buddhist Order
And I thought martial-arts monks were just an RPG thing. They should have contemplated the lotus instead.
- Human Cannonball To Be Fired Across the US-Mexican Border
Why not just drive gatecrash the US in an overcrowded VW bus like the rest? Apparently he's a higher caliber emigrant. (Get it?!)
- German Tourists Tape Together Turkish Plane in Midflight
I personally vow to never complain about the snack selection on US domestic flights again.
- New Sport on US College Campuses: Varsity Streaking
It has a clear "offensive" strategy, but is it a sport if there's no defense?