Using a Polarity Gun
- Confers the correct damage bonus per pump level gained, as written by the tooltip.
- Starts with only Electrical damage, and around level 23 versions of Ice and Fire damage versions start to appear.
- Electrical damage types use energy cells, and Fire & Ice damage types use canister ammo.
- REQUIRES CORRECT USE TO DO HIGH DAMAGE AND TO NOT EAT UP AMMO!
- This is a great gun, GREAT gun ; A lot of new players are thrown off by this weapon because it is not like the firearms weaponry, but I will explain why it is great, and not just a credit dumpster of a weapon.
- This is the ultimate burst fire weapon. When you begin to fire at a target, you will start to do damage to it when pressing and holding the fire button down. The weapon will begin to build up a charge inside the gun, and once you release the fire button on your mouse, the charge will be released to the target you have been attacking.
- The "charge" will deal 10 times the damage done to the target allready!
- The maximum charge time is 2 seconds
- Knowing the above, you should fire the "charge" under these circumstances in almost all cases :
- The target has been fired at for 2 seconds.
- The target will die from the "charge" if it successfully hits.
- The target will die from a released "charge" if you fire but a moment longer at it
Below is a video showing the correct way to use a Polarity Gun.
Using this method, you should not eat ammo too quickly, and be able to kill targets with ease at high pump levels.
- Fear the Kael no more with a Electrical or Ice Polarity Gun!
- Amaze your friends with a Caretaker-BBQ Finishing Move!
- Higher pump levels do much more damage than lower level ones, once you calculate that at pump 5, 40% more of 10x the damage over 2 seconds = 14x more the damage done over 2 seconds with the charge alone! - Higher pump levels = less ammo used! And I shouldnt be the first to tell you that the canister ammo never ever stops wanting more credits post 30!
- Nothing is better in our arsenal as a Demolitionist for setting off your Controlled Fission attack!
- Engineers will find this useful to kill enemies that are particularly difficult, and too difficult for their turrets to take down without their concentrated fire.