UI Mod Guide - Appendix 2
to World of Warcraft Addon Design
Links & Credits
- Part 1 - The Basics: Making your first WoW Addon
- Part 2 - Slash Commands: Bringing your addon into the game.
- Part 3 - Saved Variables: "Remembering" info between gaming sessions.
- Part 4 - Tables: Organizing saved info for easy access.
- Part 5 - Packages: Tightening up your code
- Part 6 - Localization (coming soon!)
- Part 7 - User Interfaces (coming soon!)
- Appendix 1 - Debugging
- -> Appendix 2 - Credits and Links <-
Here are sites I looked at either while learning to write AddOns myself, or while writing this guide:
Nevir’s sticky post in the WoW forums:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/ ... #post173
WoWWiki AddOns page:
WoWWiki Interface Customization page:
slouken’s post, as presented on WoWWiki:
Details on events during the AddOn loading process:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Events_that_fire_ ... _Process
There are a bunch of good “How To” articles here:
Here are some other sites with some good information:
The official Lua site:
A free online Lua book (at the official site):
A good Lua FAQ by Lua users, with lots of links:
A list of Lua editors is here:
My favorite XML editor is here:
A really versatile programming editor is here:
Lua support for the above editor is available from:
Some Mac tools are listed here:
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.