What are achievements? Take a look at our preview to find out!
There isn’t a lot to do between now and the launch of the expansion. There is little reason to do too much raiding and instancing since a fresh set of ten levels is heading towards everyone. The only thing that’ll really matter in the expansion is being level seventy, gold, and preparing for the expansion. One neat thing you can do is get ready to start maxing out your achievements.
Now, we only have information from the ever changing beta where major patches that turn things upside down are common. So this information might change, although I’m going to focus on things that probably won’t (and by probably I’d go far as to say that they won’t but the chance is there). Achievements that rely on something that you’ve already done and can’t do again will be awarded to you when you first log in to the expansion. For instance, if you’re level 70 then you’ll get the 70 points for hitting levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. However, you’ll have to physically do others that require you to kill something since those things aren’t normally saved to your character before the expansion.
There are two major groups you can work on right now. That’s getting reputations to exalted and exploring the world. If you explore a map to 100% you’ll gain an achievement and if you get a reputation to exalted you’ll gain an achievement. These are things that probably won’t change (especially reputations) and will be taking a long time to achieve. So if you’re bored you may want to start grinding reputations and exploring the maps.
It was recently announced that you may be getting the credit for boss kills on bosses that have a quest associated with them. For instance, if you ever turned in Onxyia’s head then you’ll get the credit for slaying Onyxia. If you did any of the dungeon quests for killing certain bosses then you’ll get credit for that as well. This is still a work in progress though so there are no promises. If you haven’t done any dungeon quests then now might be the time to do them.
Here is a list of things you can do that “should” carry over. No promises!
- Obtain a “vanity pet” or any non-combat pet. Miniwing works so do Cockroaches or any of the pets you can buy. (10 points)
- Buy all seven bank slots. (10 points)
- Get 4 weapon skills to 350. The achievement is for 400 but you’ll need to be a higher level to get them to that high. (25 points)
- Get the unarmed weapon skill to 350. The achievement is for 400 but getting it to that point will make things go by faster when the expansion comes out. A good thing to note is that it counts to the previous achievement. (10 points)
- Collect 10 unique non-combat pets. (10 points)
- Collect 10 unique tabards. (10 points)
- Obtain 10 keys (Auchenai key, Crescent Key, Key of Time, Key to the City, Shadow Labyrinth Key, Shadowforge Key, Shattered Halls Key, The Scarlet Key, Skeleton Key, Workshop Key). (10 points)
- Obtain the Gigantique bag. (10 points)
- Complete up to1,500 quests. These are pretty much “given” since I had 1,000 quests completed already and I’m sure there is another 500 to hit 80. (10 points for 50, 100, and 250 quests complete, 25 points for 500 quests complete, 10 points for 1,000 and 1,500 quests complete)
- Complete The Green hills of Stranglethorn and Hills Like White Elekk achievements (they are basically do every Nesingwary quests including Big Game Hunter, the Green hils of Stranglethorn, and The Ultimate Bloodsport). There is a third quest you’ll need to complete, but the other two can be done right now. (10 points)
- Complete 80 quests in Nagrand (10 points), 115 quests in Hellfire Peninsula (10 points), 55 quests in Zangarmarsh (10 points), 95 quests in Terokkar (10 points), 90 quests in Nagrand (10 points), 95 quests in Blade’s Edge Mountains (10 points), 140 quests in Netherstorm (10 points), and 125 quests in Shadowmoon Valley (10 points). You don’t have a counter now but the achievement list does show how many you’ve done.
- Explore every zone to 100%. 10 points per zone with 25 available for exploring all of the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland, and Northrend with 50 available for getting them all. Pretty easy if you’ve got a good riding mount and turn your map mods off so you can see what’s not explored. The requirements seem to be just having the map fully explored (revealing it all).
- Get lots of honorable kills. 10 points available per bracket, 1 kill done for 10 points, 100 for another 10, 500 for another 10, 1000 for another 10, and 5000 for what appears to be the last 10.
- Level up professions (10 points per title, starting at Journeyman).
- Get exalted with the Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold, Zandalar Tribe, Hydraxian Waterlords, Brood of Nozdormu, Scryers OR Aldor, Shattered Sun offensive, all 5 dungeon reputations (Lower City, Keepers of Time, etc.), obtain a Cenarion War Hippogryph, get exalted with the Sha’tari Skyguard, Ogri’la, Netherwing, Consortium, Sporeggar, Ashtongue Deathsworn, The Scale of Sands, and The Violet Eye. (10 points each)
That’s about it for what you can start working on now. This is information from the beta so the points may be adjusted, things might be removed, and more things will probably be added. To be honest though, things like reputation, exploration, and the rest just seem to make sense and probably won’t be changed. So get out there and start exploring.
If you’re curious, when I loaded into the expansion I had 475 achievement points. None of my boss kills were counted, but my reputation, exploration, bank slots, etc. were.
If you’ve got questions feel free to come to our forums where there are plenty of people will to help!
Comments or questions? Email us (Xerin@TenTonHammer.com) or post on our forums!