Search your feelings, you know this to be true!
We have a few more details on the game to report from Cody Bye, our man on the scene at the Bioware press conference:
- BioWare is referring to SWTOR as the "first story-driven MMO", and the story takes place about 3,000 years before Darth Vader arrives.
- Players will be able to choose between two factions - the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. And, as if there was any doubt, you will be able to play as Jedi or Sith. These are currently the only two announced classes.
- Players will have both personal stories and group stories, and your choices will affect how those stories unfold.
- Companion characters - like R2D2 was to Luke Skywalker or Chewbacca was to Han Solo - will be available to players.
- SWTOR will include a crafting system and PvP for sure.
- The art of the game was described as "beyond realism" - neither photo-realistic nor cartoony. BioWare stated they were going for a "painted feel." Have a look at the images gallery to see what they mean!
More when we know more. In the meantime, check out our latest Star Wars: The Old Republic articles and the Ten Ton Hammer SWTOR forums!