Age of Conan (AoC) Game Director Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison has posted his December "Monthly Development Update", offering a look back at the content added to AoC over 2010 and what the team has in store for 2011. 2010 saw the launch of AoC's first expansion, Rise of the Godslayer, but the content wagon didn't stop there. Recently, the devs released the first part of the 2.1 update series and Morrison elaborated on what's coming up in the rest of the 2.1 series for next year.
- The Dreamworld Technology Integration
- New rendering updates
- Performance updates
- New tools in the back end for the developers (they need new toys now and again too!)
- Two new max level six player instances set in the city of Pai-Kang
- New raid encounters in the Jade Citadel as tier four raiding expands
- One new, max level, solo player ÂdailyÂ instance in Kara Korum
- Two new solo ACG (auto content generation) dungeons that will scale for players between levels 40 and 80
Morrison noted that there is more to come beyond 2.1 but he didn't elaborate on what that content might be. But he did hint that it might be linked to our favorite barbarian's return to the big screen later next year. Check out the full update for more details.