Patch 5.4 Hotfixes Overview
Hotfixes, hotfixes, and more hotfixes. This is the mantra we often see after any new patch. Such is the case in World of Warcraft Patch 5.4. A rather large patch, filled with loads of new content, it really comes as no surprise that there are a few bugs to be worked out. Another round of hotfixes was released yesterday via the official Blizzard blog filled with changes both big and small. Check out the changes found in these latest hotfixes below:
- Paladins will be pleased to note that Evil is a Point of View will no longer cause the spell Turn Evil to affect targets that are immune to loss of control effects.
- Discipline Priest's Prayer of Mending now generates a shield that heals and absorbs for the correct amount when they critically strike
- Warlock's Fel Flame spell's mana has been increased by a whopping 100%, while Incinerate's damage has been upped 5%.
- The Druid's Force of Nature Treant no longer feels the need to die after the Druid casts Swiftmend and Efflorescence.
- Shadow Priests who land a killing blow with Shadow Word: Death will no longer be incorrectly granted 2 Shadow Orbs.
- The Conflagrate and Incinerate of Destruction Warlocks now has a 15% chance to create an additional Burning Ember.
- Soul Link for the Warlock is no longer applied to the second demon
summoned with the Grimoire of Service.
- Lorewalker Cho has laid off the adult beverages and will no long confuse Worgen and Alliance Pandaren players as Horde.
- Completing the Path of the Mistwalker quest will now award 250 reputation with the Emperor Shaohao faction. Southsea Plunderers and Southsea Lookout elites now count towards credit with this quest.
- The faction requirement with the Order of the Cloud Serpent for the quest A Time Lost Treasure has been removed.
- After the cutscene in the Temple of the Jade Serpent, players will find that they are no longer sometimes rendered motionless.
- Players on the quest; The Darnassus Mission will be pleased to find
they are no longer placed on the incorrect phase when using the Curious
- The Flame-Scarred Cache of Offerings from Ordos now has a chance to award Flexible Raid quality items.
- Kor'kron NPCs and creatures in the Northern Barrens are now neutral to players below level 85 and will not be owning their faces anytime soon.
- Highwind Albatross already with a player on board cannot be interrupted when attacked by another player.
- Lil' Canny is back and can be found hanging out in the Shrine of Seven stars.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Shockwave Missile can now be seen by players on the conveyor belt, meaning less face pwnage from this particular boss in the Seige of Orgrimmar raid.
- Garrosh Hellscream's Farseer Wolfrider can no longer be hit multiple times by the same Iron Star, nor can Faith, Hope and Courage effects stack while in the realm of Y'Shaarj. Also, breathe a sigh of relief as the Kor'kron Warbringer is not able to deal critical strikes to players any longer.
- Raid leader's will find that it is their boss progression in the raid instance that determines which bosses are available in a Flexible Raid.
- Norushen's damage from Titanic Corruption's Hurl Corruption in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid can now be absorbed by the damage absorption shields. Also, Purifying Lights will now always spawn in the same location on Flexible Raid difficulty.
- An issue was fixed with the Sha of Pride in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid where players were able to get a second Titan Runestone after already having received one.
- Lor'themar Theron and King Varian Wyrnn can no longer use taunt on Galakras in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. Also, Galakras's Flames of Galadrond spell is more responsive, detecting better when it passes through a player, as well as providing a clearer visual.
- Looters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid rejoice; the delay before
Crates of Pandaren Relics could be opened has been reduced in all raid
- Malkorok in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid has seen many changes including correctly applying Fatal Strikes even if they are dodged, Kor'kron War Wolf's Dread Howl now works like a normal fear, and Mistweaver Monk's that are stunned with the Touch of Y'Shaarj affliction will no longer be impossible to hit.
- Players still locked in their cage will no longer be able to take
damage from creatures while facing Thok the Bloodthirsty in the Siege of
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Rogues will find they can no longer Shadowstep on Antipersonnel Cannons in the Strand of the Ancients.
- Fixed a problem where drinks regenerating mana were not doing their intended job (regenerating mana).
- Death Knight's Endurance of Niuzao effect should now work correctly and activate before triggering Purgatory.
- Legendary cloak effects will no longer activate while fighting against
- Players will now be able to escape certain destruction as the Celestial Court spirit walls no longer close while engaging the Celestials.
- Low-level players can mourn as chests on the Timeless Isle now have a level 90 requirement to open.
- Kukuru's Caches will be giving up the Burdens of Eternity a little less often.
- The Fire-Watcher achievement coin requirement has been reduced to
2,000 Bloody Coins, down from 10,000.
- Players attempting the Going to Need a Bigger Bag achievement will now get credit for the Big Bag of Herbs.
- Monk statues and Shaman totems are safer, as lava pools created by
Illusionary Flamecallers will no longer do them damage.
- The prompt to Release Spirit will not pop up after performing a reloadui directly after dying and resurrecting.
- Players who die and release inside the Seige of Orgrimmar raid will no longer see the loading bar more than once before appearing in the graveyard and will be able to do the walk of shame back to the instance more quickly.
- Tracked quests, achievements, and tutorials should, very helpfully, save correctly after relogging.
That concludes the list of hotfixes currently released. If you are interested in checking out the official patch notes, head on over to Blizzard's blog. While these fixes surely cover many issues players have experienced thus far in the game, I think it is safe to say that we will probably be seeing a few more rounds in the near future. What bugs have you experienced so far in Patch 5.4? Do any of the above hotfixes solve the issue? How many more rounds of hotfixes do you expect before this patch is working as intended? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!