Patch 5.4 Hotfixes Overview
alt="World of Warcraft Gnome" />
Hotfixes, hotfixes, and more hotfixes. This is
the mantra we often see after any new patch. Such is the case in World of
Warcraft Patch 5.4. A rather large patch, filled with loads of new
content, it really comes as no surprise that there are a few bugs to be
worked out. Another round of hotfixes was released yesterday via the
official Blizzard blog filled with changes both big and small. Check
out the changes found in these latest hotfixes below:
- Paladins will be pleased to note that Evil is a Point of View will no
longer cause the spell Turn Evil to affect targets that are immune to
loss of control effects.
- Discipline Priest's Prayer of Mending now generates a shield that
heals and absorbs for the correct amount when they critically strike
- Warlock's Fel Flame spell's mana has been increased by a whopping
100%, while Incinerate's damage has been upped 5%.
- The Druid's Force of Nature Treant no longer feels the need to die
after the Druid casts Swiftmend and Efflorescence.
- Shadow Priests who land a killing blow with Shadow Word: Death will no
longer be incorrectly granted 2 Shadow Orbs.
- The Conflagrate and Incinerate of Destruction Warlocks now has a 15%
chance to create an additional Burning Ember.
- Soul Link for the Warlock is no longer applied to the second demon
summoned with the Grimoire of Service.
- Lorewalker Cho has laid off the adult beverages and will no long
confuse Worgen and Alliance Pandaren players as Horde.
- Completing the Path of the Mistwalker quest will now award 250
reputation with the Emperor Shaohao faction. Southsea Plunderers and
Southsea Lookout elites now count towards credit with this quest.
- The faction requirement with the Order of the Cloud Serpent for the
quest A Time Lost Treasure has been removed.
- After the cutscene in the Temple of the Jade Serpent, players will
find that they are no longer sometimes rendered motionless.
- Players on the quest; The Darnassus Mission will be pleased to find
they are no longer placed on the incorrect phase when using the Curious
- The Flame-Scarred Cache of Offerings from Ordos now has a chance to
award Flexible Raid quality items.
- Kor'kron NPCs and creatures in the Northern Barrens are now neutral to
players below level 85 and will not be owning their faces anytime soon.
- Highwind Albatross already with a player on board cannot be
interrupted when attacked by another player.
- Lil' Canny is back and can be found hanging out in the Shrine of Seven
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Shockwave Missile can now be seen by players
on the conveyor belt, meaning less face pwnage from this particular boss
in the Seige of Orgrimmar raid.
- Garrosh Hellscream's Farseer Wolfrider can no longer be hit multiple
times by the same Iron Star, nor can Faith, Hope and Courage effects
stack while in the realm of Y'Shaarj. Also, breathe a sigh of relief as
the Kor'kron Warbringer is not able to deal critical strikes to players
- Raid leader's will find that it is their boss progression in the raid
instance that determines which bosses are available in a Flexible Raid.
- Norushen's damage from Titanic Corruption's Hurl Corruption in the
Siege of Orgrimmar raid can now be absorbed by the damage absorption
shields. Also, Purifying Lights will now always spawn in the same
location on Flexible Raid difficulty.
- An issue was fixed with the Sha of Pride in the Siege of Orgrimmar
raid where players were able to get a second Titan Runestone after
already having received one.
- Lor'themar Theron and King Varian Wyrnn can no longer use taunt on
Galakras in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid. Also, Galakras's Flames of
Galadrond spell is more responsive, detecting better when it passes
through a player, as well as providing a clearer visual.
- Looters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid rejoice; the delay before
Crates of Pandaren Relics could be opened has been reduced in all raid
- Malkorok in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid has seen many changes
including correctly applying Fatal Strikes even if they are dodged,
Kor'kron War Wolf's Dread Howl now works like a normal fear, and
Mistweaver Monk's that are stunned with the Touch of Y'Shaarj affliction
will no longer be impossible to hit.
- Players still locked in their cage will no longer be able to take
damage from creatures while facing Thok the Bloodthirsty in the Siege of
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Rogues will find they can no longer Shadowstep on Antipersonnel
Cannons in the Strand of the Ancients.
- Fixed a problem where drinks regenerating mana were not doing their
intended job (regenerating mana).
- Death Knight's Endurance of Niuzao effect should now work correctly
and activate before triggering Purgatory.
- Legendary cloak effects will no longer activate while fighting against
- Players will now be able to escape certain destruction as the
Celestial Court spirit walls no longer close while engaging the
- Low-level players can mourn as chests on the Timeless Isle now have a
level 90 requirement to open.
- Kukuru's Caches will be giving up the Burdens of Eternity a little
- The Fire-Watcher achievement coin requirement has been reduced to
2,000 Bloody Coins, down from 10,000.
- Players attempting the Going to Need a Bigger Bag achievement will now
get credit for the Big Bag of Herbs.
- Monk statues and Shaman totems are safer, as lava pools created by
Illusionary Flamecallers will no longer do them damage.
- The prompt to Release Spirit will not pop up after performing a
reloadui directly after dying and resurrecting.
- Players who die and release inside the Seige of Orgrimmar raid will no
longer see the loading bar more than once before appearing in the
graveyard and will be able to do the walk of shame back to the instance
- Tracked quests, achievements, and tutorials should, very helpfully,
save correctly after relogging.
That concludes the list of hotfixes currently
released. If you are interested in checking out the official
patch notes, head on over to Blizzard's blog. While these fixes
surely cover many issues players have experienced thus far in the game, I
think it is safe to say that we will probably be seeing a few more rounds
in the near future. What bugs have you experienced so far in Patch 5.4? Do
any of the above hotfixes solve the issue? How many more rounds of
hotfixes do you expect before this patch is working as intended? Share
your thoughts with us in the comments section below!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.