The Ultimate Guide to Naxxramas
Welcome to Ten Ton Hammer's Ultimate Guide to Naxxramas
Like our other instance guides, this Ten Ton Hammer full Naxxramas Guide is created to cover everything you'll need to know about Naxxramas (Naxx). We've included strats, full color original maps, video, loot, a guide for achievements, the lore of the dungeon, and a bestiary.
Naxx can be done in either 10-player (normal) or 25-player (heroic) mode. Most of the strats are similar, but we've pointed out any differences you should know in the pages within this guide.
You can navigate through this guide by clicking on the links at the top of this page to take you to the different sections.
Welcome to Naxx!Dungeon Overview
Naxx is the first multi boss raid instance to come with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Players just reaching level 80 will likely start raiding in Naxx before they move onto Ulduar. It is by far, the easier of the two premier raid dungeons, and is a great introduction to serious raiding.
While the dungeon is considered a fairly easy raiding dungeon in terms of challenge, that does not at all mean there is no challenge to be found. Some of the fights can be quite tricky, and new or unexperienced guilds particularly may find themselves in some sticky situations.
Persistence is key in Naxx, and organization is a fundemental aspect to making your raids enjoyable. There are a lot of unique, fun encounters in the dungeon and players will find themselves learning new techniques and strategies they may not have previously thought up. The rewards are good, and well worth the time investment.
General Drops: All bosses in normal mode Naxx drop Emblems of Heroism, which players can turn in for various rewards at the appropriate NPC in Dalaran. Heroic mode, the 25-player version, drop Emblems of Valor, which in turn can also be redeemed for even better items. Tier seven class armor is dropped in normal mode, and 7.5 is dropped in heroic mode. Some tier pieces can also be purchased with the appropriate emblems.
As of Patch 3.2, Emblems of Conquest will drop in both heroic and normal mode instead of Valor and Heroism.
Location: Naxx is found floating above the land in southeast Dragonblight. You will either need a flying mount, or to be summoned to the meeting stone by your raid to get into the instance. Note: You need to fly under the floating pyramid to gain access.
Bosses: There are 15 bosses in four quarters and a final two boss lair.
Suggested Requirements: For 10-player Naxx, it is suggested you bring two healers, and two tanks at a minimum. Three of both can make some encounters easier. For 25-player Naxx, you'll need at least three tanks and six healers.
Quarters: There are four quarters, and a final lair. The four quarters must be cleared before the raid can access the final lair.
- Arachnid Quarter: There are three bosses here - Anub'Rekhan, Grand Widow Faerlina, and Maexxna. The Arachnid Quarter is generally accepted as the easiest of the quarters.
- Plague Quarter: Three bosses are found here - Noth the Plaguebringer, Heigan the Unclean, and Loatheb. This quarter is slightly more difficult than the Arachnid Quarter, mainly due to the Heigan encounter.
- Military Quarter: The three bosses found here are Instructor Razuvious, Gothik the Harvester and The Four Horsemen. This is a moderately difficult quarter and should not be attempted first if your raid is new to Naxx.
- The Construct Quarter: This quarter is home to four bosses - Patchwerk, Grobbulus, Gluth and Thaddius. This is the most challenging quarter before the final Frostwyrm Lair.
- Frostwyrm Lair: There are only two bosses here, but all other quarters must be cleared before gaining access to the lair. Here you will encounter Sapphiron, and finally Kel'Thuzad, the end boss. Kel'Thuzad will drop higher item level equipment than found in the rest of the dungeon.
Benjamin J. de la Durantaye - Managing Editor
Jason Bechdel - Loot
Jason Bolton - Video Script
Jeff Francis - Bestiary
Charles Goldsworthy - Loot
Matthew Gray - Loot
Jay Johnson - Achievements
Stacy Jones - Lore
Matt Lowery - Video & Video Editing
Byron Mudry - Boss Strategies
David Piner - Maps
Charlene Stevens - Loot
Goldie Stevens - Loot
Adam Stow - Video
Reuben Waters - Musical Score (Composed and Performed)