The Wrathion legendary quest chain expanded yet again with the release of Patch 5.3. For many players this is one of the best parts of the whole Pandaria expansion since it does a wonderful job of tieing in lore and player rewards with each new patch. Patch 5.3 doesn't really have any new raid content though, so this time around the expanded legendary quest chain is a bit different.
With patch 5.3 live Wrathion once again needs your assistance with a few quests. It is important to note however that while there is no new raid requirements for this part of the quest chain, to gain access to it you will have had to complete the patch 5.2 portion of the chain. To do that you will have had to defeat the Thunder King raid.
You can find a guide to the Wrathion Quest line patch 5.2 quests here: Wrathion Patch 5.2 Legendary Quest Chain.
Wrathion 5.3 Legendary Quests
A Reckoning – Talk to Wrathion at the Tavern in the Mists.
This first quest is supplied once you have defeated the Thunder King and completed the previous patch 5.2 quest chain from Wrathion.
Celestial Blessings – You must complete one of the challenges provided by the four celestials for the Black Prince.
Travel with Wrathion to the various temples and complete one of the challenges for the Black Prince.
Each of the various temples and celestials offers a different challenge aimed at a different type of player. The four challenges available are as follows:
Physical DPS - Temple of the White Tiger in Kun-Lai
- Xuen challenges you to defeat Wrathion in a sparring session while the Black Prince is blind-folded. Even though he can not see you he is still extremely dangerous. Keep moving and stay behind him as much as you can.
Caster DPS - Temple of the Jade Serpent in the Jade Forest
- Yu'lon's challenge is very similar to Xuen's in that you are tasked with defeating the Black Prince in a sparring session where he is blind-folded. Since this is a caster based fight though, you will need to cast while you are able and avoid his attacks as much as possible, even if it means canceling a cast to move away.
Healer - Temple of the Red Crane in Krasarang
- This challenge revolves around keeping Wrathion alive and healed. The challenge will be doing this through the movement required in the challenge, but there is some help in this aspect as the Blood of the World can be used to heal yourself.
Tank - Temple of the Black Ox in the Townlong Steppes
- Niuzao the Black Ox tasks you with protecting Wrathion as he deals with his inner demons. You will need to tank and defeat the various enemies that spawn, while making sure you keep them away from the Black Prince.
Cloak of Virtue – Once you have completed the Celestial Blessings quest return to Wrathion to collect your reward.
Wrathion will reward you with one of 6 different cloaks depending on which celestial's challenge you chose to complete. All of the cloaks are item level 600 and have stats as follows:
- Physical DPS (Option #1) - Agility, Stamina, Crit, Haste, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
- Physical DPS (Option #2) - Strength, Stamina, Crit, Haste, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
- Caster DPS - Intellect, Stamina, Crit, Haste, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
- Healer - Intellect, Spirit, Stamina, Haste, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
- Tank (Option #1) - Strength, Stamina, Dodge, Parry, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
- Tank (Option #2) - Strength, Stamina, Dodge, Crit, Mastery, and a Red gem socket.
Preparing to Strike – Contact Wrathion once your faction is ready to make it’s next move.
This is a place holder quest to remind you to come back to see Wrathion once patch 5.4 goes live which will be the Siege of Orgrimmar.
This new quest chain adds a little something different yet again to the game. The different challenge options are rather entertaining and challenging for all players. It is nice that there are quests that match up to the different character types for a change, since it means that healers and tanks do not have to switch to a DPS spec to quest in, they get a chance to actually do something in their normal spec.
The quests are also enlightening in the fact that while some have been doubting Wrathions motives, it appears that all of the Pandaren Celestials have faith in him and his goals. They are each willing to assist him and to place their trust in him, which goes a long way (in my mind at least) in proving that he is on the level and being honest with everyone.
What do you think of the Wrathion quest chain so far? What do you think is yet to come? Have your say in the comment section below.