John Smedley Updates on SOE Subscription Details
Another post by the SOE head honcho reveals more about the upcoming subscription changes.
John Smedley has posted another update on the SOE subscription changes. In another post to Reddit, Smed confirmed that the previous subscription plans have been changed a bit based on fan feedback. The newest information confirms that cost to SOE's All Access subscription will be dropped to $14.99, the cost of a current single game standard month subscription. Additionally, Smed also confirmed that SOE will keep the monthly 500 Station Cash stipend, but players will need to claim it each month, so hoarding the points is still an option. Subscribers will also be receiving a 10% discount on Station Marketplace items.
title=""> src="http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/246518" alt="Judge-Smed" width="250" height="186"
style="border: 0px solid ; width: 250px; height: 186px;" />
While the details arent finalized for EU players yet and consoles, Smed does explain that SOE is trying to work that out, so stay tuned. In the meantime, you can read Smeds full post from Reddit below.
Thanks for the feedback. We listened.
Here are the basics of our revised plan. Please note - we have not had the time to do estimates of the work involved, and also we're continuing to listen. so this isn't baked just yet. Do not expect that this is all going to happen immediately. We plain don't know yet. we're doing that meeting tmw.
1) We're lowering the price of All Access to $14.99
2) We're going to make it so every subscriber to all our PC games an all access member. Basically there will be one SOE membership for our PC games. Please note there are some minor restrictions around our kids titles (simply put - if you're a 12 year old who signed up for FR you won't have access to the adult games so we'll likely leave the lower priced kids offerings as separate subscriptions for under 12 for the same low prices).
3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though :) I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread.
4) we are going to be giving our members a 10% discount in our marketplaces.
5) European players - we have an idea on how to include you in this but we need to discuss with our partners. We have a pretty good idea on this though. give us a bit of time to suss this out.
6) Nothing is changing with Player Studio items - you'll still be able to buy them with your 500SC.
7) Console titles - you'll notice I only mentioned the PC titles. Our goal is to include the PS3 and PS4 games that we have, but I want to be up front and say that isn't a done deal.
In a nutshell that's where our head is at.
As always your feedback is welcomed. Please do us a big favor and carefully think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make it more attractive and making it simpler in the process.
I really feel like we're making a good decision going this route. It makes things simpler and gives more value to our players.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Game Page.