Our weekly update on NPD
NPD is a national agency that tracks video game sales across the U.S.A. Here we have the PC results for the week of July 27 to August 2. (C'mon - two weeks lag isn't too bad at all)
1. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
2. Nancy Drew: The Phantom Of Venice / Her Interactive / $19 (Average)
3. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
4. Spore Creature Creator / EA Maxis / $10 (Average)
5. World Of Warcraft / Blizzard / $20 (Average)
6. The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $20 (Average)
7. Diablo Battle Chest / Blizzard / $39 (Average)
8. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare / Infinity Ward / $43 (Average)
9. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack / Blizzard / $30 (Average)
10. The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
Of course the Diablo Battle Chest is popular as people continue to work themselves into a frothy mess of anticipation over Diablo 3. But what does the WoW Battle Chest being so popular mean? I think it shows we've got an influx new players. You may need to replace one set of disks, but what's the odds you need to replace both?
For more information, please check here.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.