For anyone playing Dota Underlords, it's pretty evident that the meta hinges on just a few compositions. That does get a little stale, but it does also mean that if you're wanting to climb to higher ranks, it's fairly easy not to fail. Here's the best 3 in the current meta.
6 Knights + Trolls
- Super easy to play.
- Pretty hard to lose with.
- Comes online incredibly quickly.
- Has very few counters (if any).
- Your last pick can pretty much be anything.
- Everyone wants Knight units. You'll have to fight for them.
- Trolls, similarly to Knights, are also sought after.
- Assassins are probably their weakest.
6 Hunters + 3 Warriors
- Most of the front-line are meta units, capable of carrying any match.
- Massive, rapid damage.
- Your front-line pretty much gaurentees your backline goes untouched.
- Your 10th unit is totally variable.
- Most of the units are late tier.
- You'll often lose early game to Assassin compositions.
- Knights give you a run for your money.
6 Assassins + 3 Elusive
- Amazing burst potential.
- One of the few compositions that can handle Knights.
- Can snowball early game if you land lucky with upgrades.
- It's a fun build to run.
- Easily countered by Knights/Warriors bunkering in a corner.
- You'll go on a losing streak for a long time before your units come online.
- To gain the Elusive bonus, you need a little bit of luck (Treant is popular).
- Can be tough to gain 6 Assassins, especially if fighting for them against someone else.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Dota Underlords Game Page.