Research Assistants are coming with GU52 and many are excited about this addition. What does a Research Assistant do? These helpful NPCs allow you to update spells and combat arts without having to purchase them through traditional means or wait for a mob drop. This gives players a slightly less painful way to get upgrades which is particularly helpful for those very expensive spells.

SOE has posted a quick preview on Research Assistants as well as where you can find these guys when the GU goes live!

The researchers are currently offering their services for Adept and Master level spells and combat arts. For skills below level 20, they only require a day to provide you with your upgrade. After level 20, the higher level the spell you require, the longer it will take them to accurately research the components, up to 30 days.

The researchers are a busy lot, so they will only provide the service for you on one character per account. After all, they want to be able to help everyone!

Should you choose to discontinue research on a specific spell and change to a different one, the time your researcher has already spent on your behalf will be applied to the new spell.

Find out who you need to seek out in your city or village by checking out the preview!

To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our EverQuest II Game Page.

Last Updated: Mar 29, 2016