Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) celebrates its 7th anniversary this week and Turbine has a special announcement to celebrate the occasion. Earlier today DDO Senior Producer Erik Boyer posted a letter to the community to reflect on the recent release of Update 17: Return to Gianthold and discuss the upcoming 7th anniversary. As it turns out, Turbine has secretly been working away in the background on the second expansion to DDO, the Shadowfell Conspiracy.
The new expansion is expected to release this summer and will boost the level cap to 28, add new quests, a new prestige character feature called Iconic Heroes, faster access to the Forgotten Realms, and more.
Shadowfell Conspiracy will have more than just new quests and regions, we will also be raising the level cap to 28 and providing something often requested by fans: faster access to the Forgotten Realms! With a new prestige character feature we are calling Iconic Heroes; we think we have an innovative solution that will get you right into the Forgotten Realms starting at level 15. Each of these Forgotten Realms born characters will start as a race class combination with new racial abilities. I canÂt wait to tell you more about these characters in the coming months.
You can read BoyerÂs full update for more. Stay tuned and weÂll update you with additional expansion details as they become available.
Update: Turbine has sent out an official press release with additional details about the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion. Check it out below for more.
Source: DDO Update
WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND WIZARDS OF THE COAST UNVEIL DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINEÂ®: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACYÂ
Second Expansion to Award Winning MMO Launching Summer 2013
NEEDHAM, MA Â 26th February 2013 Â Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast unveiled today Dungeons & Dragons OnlineÂ®: Shadowfell ConspiracyÂ, the second expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine. Shadowfell Conspiracy takes place in the beloved Forgotten Realms setting, features an increased level cap, introduces new Iconic Heroes and much more!
ÂLast year we expanded the world of DDO into the Forgotten Realms universe with the launch of our first expansion,Â said Erik Boyer, Senior Producer of DDO.Â ÂThis year weÂre introducing more content and making it even easier to experience the latest content with the introduction of Iconic Heroes that begin at level 15, allowing players to jump right into the action.Â
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: SHADOWFELL CONSPIRACY FEATURES:Â
- Two New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs -- Featuring gorgeous new wilderness areas packed with new D&D monsters, dangerous encounters and a host of challenging dungeons.
- Wheloon:Â Horrors from the Shadowfell pour into Wheloon, a prison city full of irredeemable criminals and traitors to the Crown. In this place, Netherese agents conspire to forge an army out of the KingdomÂs enemies. Masquerade as a traitor to infiltrate the Prison City, fight marauding criminal gangs, and destroy the army before it marches Â all the while battling creatures made out of the very shadows.
- Stormhorns:Â Deep in the Stormhorn Mountains, the Netherese Empire prepares to unleash its secret weapon against the Kingdom of Cormyr. Brave treacherous mountain passes through griffon territory and overcome cunning harpy ambushes. At the peaks of the mighty Stormhorns, overcome an alliance of giants and monstrous creatures Â only to have to contend with a terrible Netherese secret weapon.
- Introducing Iconic Heroes -- Jump into the action of DDO with these new prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D heroes is a paragon of their race and class and features custom iconic gear, appearance options and new abilities to enhance their power.
- Attain Epic level to 28 -- Master your destiny and gain new epic feats and spells with three new Epic levels of advancement that let you reach new levels of power.
Dungeons & Dragons OnlineÂ® (DDO) is a free-to-play MMORPG featuring the industryÂs best combat system, a massive world with state-of-the-art graphics and gameplay, and a rich set of features that until now could only be found in premium subscription-based MMOs. DDO offers an innovative pricing model that allows players to download and play for free, purchasing adventure packs, items, and account services a la carte from the new DDO Store, or to subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the gameÂs content. Players can download and play DDO Unlimited for free by visiting http://www.ddo.com.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the worldÂs most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings OnlineÂ, Dungeons & Dragons OnlineÂ® , and Asheron's CallÂ®.Â For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the CompanyÂs world class brand portfolio. Â From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. Â The Hub, HasbroÂs multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.Â Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. Â© 2010 Hasbro, Inc. Â All Rights Reserved
About Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. The company holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play and produces the premier trading card game, Magic: The Gathering, among many other trading card games and family card and board games. Wizards is also a leading publisher of role-playing games, such as Dungeons & Dragons, and publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com.
#Â #Â #
Dungeons & Dragons Online, Eberron Unlimited, Stormreach, Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering and Wizards of the Coast and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Hasbro and its logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hasbro, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions, and are used with permission. Turbine and the Turbine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Turbine, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.