Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)
fans still have a while to wait before the new Forgotten Realms
-themed expansion “Menace of the Underdark
” arrives. Luckily, the prequel is just around the corner to provide some juicy new content for you to chew on while you wait. Today Turbine revealed a new batch of screenshots from Update 13: Web of Chaos
, which will serve as a prequel to the Menace of the Underdark
expansion. Check them out after the break.
Still curious to learn more about the Menace of the Underdark expansion and Update 13? Be sure to check out our interview with DDO Executive Producer Fernando Paiz and Senior Producer Erik Boyer to learn more. DDO's Menace of the Underdark expansion is expected to release this summer.
Dungeons & Dragons Online - Update 13: Web of Chaos
Serving as the prequel to DDO’s upcoming expansion, Menace of the Underdark, Update 13: Web of Chaos brings:
3 New Free Quests
- The Lords of Dust: The Silver Flame must now contend with an uprising cult! Controlled by the Rakshasas, the cult of the Lords of Dust have one priority - free the ancient demons trapped in Khyber.
- Servants of the Overlord: Venture deep down into Khyber and fight resistance as you attempt to thwart the Rakshasas from freeing the imprisoned "Spinner of Shadows"!
- The Spinner of Shadows: Engage in an ambitious battle as you fight to hold off the release of the Spinner of Shadows! Though beware of thinking your task is over, for a menacing journey awaits.
Veteran Status (7)
- · Now start your new character at level 7 and gain a head start! Earn through favor or purchase in the DDO Store.
- · Use the Omnispell Dust and Omnispell Stone in place of the material component of any magic spell. Free up inventory space!
New to the DDO Store
- Cloak of Resistance - Aid yourself in the defense of magic attacks and traps
- Necklace of Protection - Increase your armor class by 1
- +1 Elemental Touch Weapons - A full suite of level 1 weapons are now available