Posted Tue, Jun 14, 2011 by Martuk
The FFXIV stamina meter is also getting removed from the game and certain effects for stamina-related actions will be readjusted to reflect its removal. The short bullet list of changes can be found below, but check out the full Producer's Letter for all the details.
- Auto-attack functionality will be prioritized in 1.18.
- Attack motion diversification and fine-tuning are planned for 1.19.
- Battle classes only will receive auto-attack.
- The stamina gauge will be abolished with the introduction of auto-attack.
- Recast timers will be adjusted for certain actions obtained via quests and guild marks whose action costs were managed solely through the stamina gauge.
- Certain actions dependent on the stamina gauge will have their effects adjusted.
- Characters will be made able to switch between passive and active modes while moving.
- Multiple attacks during auto-attack is also being planned for the future.