Shaman Top Bugs & Issues
As of April 25, 2007
Compiled by Ralsu
This is one in a series of bug lists the Class Specialists at Ten Ton
Hammer will be compiling for review by the Sigil development team. We
are inviting the developers to respond to any bugs they feel are
working as intended or to offer any explanation of how a bug on this
list might change in the future. Ralsu compiled this list with the aid
of other Shamans on the Ten Ton Hammer forums.
- Bug: Pet Behavior
- Pet behaves erratically after multiple changes in
commands during frenzied fights. The pet will run away long distances
and try to attack enemies from afar.
- Pets don't have a default behavior that sticks.
- Attendant of Tuurgin does not protect unless you tell him to
protect each time.
- Attendant of Tuurgin does not acquire new target after the
first dies unless it is
directly beating on him.
- Constant howling sound made by Attendant of Rakurr is overkill
- All pets need to auto follow behind and to the right of us, or
us a couple of steps. Pets are constantly in the way of clicking
interactive items or trying to loot a mob.
- Bug: Spells and Abilities That Do Not
- Throat Rip (Rakurr) doesn't result in any floating damage
numbers or entries in the
combat log so it might not be working.
- Vicious Bite (Rakurr) does not report it's damage in the chat
windows, you can
only see it from the floating numbers above a mobs head. It also does
not damage as advertised by the tool tip.
- Rakurr's Grace doesn't stack with other
classes dex buffs.
- Spirit Bond Krigus and Tuurgin's Vigor don't stack their
- Frenzy is supposed to add 50% melee damage and 25% melee
mitigation. In reality the mitigation added is 21.25%.
- Boon of Tuurgin is supposed to give +5% mitigation. The tooltip
description on the trainer both state that very clearly, yet this buff
only adds 4.25% melee mitigation.
- Tuurgin's totemic ability Deafening Roar ( DD+50% damage
debuff for next 2 attacks) doesn't function in according to its
tooltip. The tooltip says that your target can only be affected by
DEBUFF PORTION of this ability once every 3 mins, implying that DD
component would still work when the ability refreshes, which is about
30 sec. This is not the case.
- Boon of Hayatet procs on any spell cast, even such spells
as Lethargy and root.
- Spirit Orb can be right-clicked and consumed in
battle. While it gives an error message about in-combat rez, it should
not be consumable. It
should work like other consumables when
used under the wrong circumstances.
- Gelid Blast always seems to show a resist, though it seems like
actually doing damage just not displaying numbers.
- When a levitate is stacked (Hayatet form/Bard/Boon of Alcipus)
and one is clicked off, all levitate effects are removed.
- Acuity, Boon of Boqobol, Boon of Bosrid, Life Ward, and Boon of
go away if you log off, willingly or unwillingly.
- Leaving or being removed from a group sometimes cancels patron
forms and their buffs.
- Some Shamans report having to dismiss then resummon and dismiss
their pet again in order to
take on patron form.
- Issue: Spells and Abilities That Could
- Boon of Boqobol duration is 30 minutes when most
other buffs are 60. Can BoB duration be upped to match?
- No timer on Spirit Bonds, which seem to last an hour.
Can we get a timer on these?
- Ritual of Sacrifice does not seem useful enough between the
and the cooldown.
- Ward spells currently do not seem to be affected by vitality or
focus at ALL.
- We should get flashing icons or
something visual to make it CLEAR that we have landed a critical and
have the option to fire off
Umbra Burst. All finishers go away as soon as you use start to cast a
you cancel it), making it hard to catch and use finisher when casting
even remotely quickly.
- Invis when in patron form will make the user completely
only the blue target reticle visible.
- Conjuration skill seems to level up mosre slowly than
others. A player can cast Hoarfrost on every mob and only go up 4 or 5
in a night of play time.
- Spirit bonds break when you run
out of endurance. Is this intended?
- The Purge line of spells lacks information in tool tipsas to
would use one over the other. Maybe it should list the level range for
- The energy cost of finishers seems to be on the high side for
the damage they do. For instance, Umbra Burst does not provide much
advantage over just casting Spirit Strike again.
- Change combat checks to start of spells for rezing and calling
instead of after the long cast times getting the combat error message.
- Pets should be considered allies for all spell and beneficial
to groups allowing AoE heals to affect them and group members to use
rescues on them.
- Heal Icons share spell gem graphics and can be very confusing
- When a spell is interupted by a mob or by a self-interupt,
the cooldown is activated even though the player did not cast a spell.
- Fire Claw (Hayatet) neither creates nor exploits any weaknesses.
- Hayatet Totem Form gives levitate which seems redundant when
class gains levitate as a buff.
- Ignite should have a lower level version to help alleviate the
excessive amount of resists in the 20s.
- The endurance regen buff (Tuurgin) comes too late. This buff
should come at lower levels to
focus on the patron as a melee-based patron.
- Tuurgin form is too fat to fit through doorways.
- Skin of Tuurgin could add a % to mitigation instead of a flat
- Deafening Roar (Tuurgin) should be for a set amount of time
instead of number
of attacks. This would be in line with the warrior changes from X# of
attacks to a set time.
- Rage of Tuurgin II does not get an increase to the melee damage
component of the buff while Rakuur's Grace II gets an additional 2%
increase to movement speed. The benefit of
Rage of Tuurgin II should be in line with its counterparts so that
the melee damage buff is increased to 12%.
- The Sundering Claw line (Tuurgin) only gives minor upgrades to
the DoT component. It is possible to get a 1-2% increase in the
mitigation component as well?
- Issue: Chunking Problems
- Pet disappears or behaves erratically after chunking.
- Lose patron form when crossing chunks. The buffs remain, but
the graphic reverts to normal.
- Spirit Bonds randomly break when chunking
- Issue: Melee Progression
- Level 35 Shaman report melee damage around 150 or so, which
is lower than the melee of the Attendant of Hayatet. Is it intended
pet should do more damage than a player character?
- We can throw spears, but apparently we do not have skill for it
- The Shaman class as a whole relies on using spells and melee
in order to generate damage, but a level 50 Shaman will be using
outdated melee abilities and up-to-date
spell abilities. If both melee and spell casting abilities are meant
to be equivalent in regards to damage generation, then the final
ability upgrades have to be consistent at the level cap.
- If attacking a mob that takes increased weapon damage (such as
from blunt weapons), using skills such as Strike of Skamadiz does less
damage than auto attack. The "bane" damage is not being added to
- Shamans do not learn a melee finisher even though two of the
patron choices seem geared toward melee fighting styles.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Game Page.