The Dawnblade is the new sub-class for the Warlock, and is a sub-class designed to offer damage and mobility. As a Dawnblade Warlock you'll be able to utilise the powerful Daybreak Super which allows you to wield a blade. Depending on which upgrade path you choose allows you to gain further utility and extend its duration through kills (Attunement of Flame), or to gain greater mobilty and burn damage through Attunement of Sky.
As you'll note below, the Dawnblade Warlock can improve their Grenades to gain utility (Vortex and Axion), or damage (Scatter). In addition, and as is standard with all Warlock sub-classes, their sub-class ability is known as Rift and allows them to improve themselves and their team. Finally and unlike other classes, the Warlock (and Voidwalker) gains access to Glide, allowing you to Blink.
- Daybreak: Press F to weave Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the skies.
- Solar Grenade: A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continuously damages enemies trapped inside.
- Firebolt Grenade: A grenade that unleashes bolts of Solar Light at nearby enemies.
- Fusion Grenade: An explosive grenade that causes bonus damage when attached to its target.
- Healing Rift: Press and hold Circle/B to conjure a Well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowering Rift: Press and hold Circle/B to conjure a Well of Light that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
- Blink: Jump while airborne to teleport a short distance.
- Burst Glide: Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial boost of speed.
- Strafe Glide: Jump when airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
Passive Tree - Attunement of Flame
- Everlasting Fire: Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration.
- Fated for the Flame: Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, upon impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
- Igniting Touch: Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them to explode when killed.
- Phoenix Dive: Hold Circle/B while midair to quickly descend and restore your health. While Daybreak is active, Descend causes explosive damage.
Passive Tree - Attunement of Sky
- Heat Rises: Airborne kills recharge your Grenade and Melee energy. Casting Daybreak instantly refills all your ability energy.
- Icarus Dash: Press Circle, Circle/B, B while in midair to dodge.
- Swift Strike: Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to burn your target and temporarily increase your movement and reload speed.
- Winged Sun: Engage your enemies mid-flight. Fire weapons and throw grenades while gliding.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Destiny 2 Game Page.