You’d be hard pressed to find a hunter that enjoys his work as much as Markov does. The assault specialist is at his happiest when he’s facing down a giant monster with his powerful Lightning Gun and Assault Rifle.
While he does specialize in damage and not survival Markov is by no means a push over. His Arc Mines are great at “convincing” the Monster to keep his distance, and his personal shield renders him almost invincible for short periods of time. If you’re looking for a well-rounded damage dealer in your next monster fight, consider giving Markov a try.
If you haven’t guessed it already, Markov has a thing for lightning. His main armament is the all-powerful lightning gun which fires high-powered bolts of electricity at whatever target is unfortunate enough to be at the other end.
Being a channeled energy weapon, the range for the lighting gun is quite short when compared with a ballistic counter part, but it more than makes up for this shortcoming with a very high damage output. Another bonus of the lighting gun is that it will chain to any other wildlife near the primary target, perfect for removing entire packs of unfriendly wildlife.
- The Lightning Gun being an energy weapon, it doesn’t reload and instead has to recharge. After unloading lightning on the monster swap to your assault rifle to continue the attack, or place some more arc mines in its path.
- The Lightning Gun does not benefit from monster weak spots so you don’t have to worry so much about your aim. When the monster comes within range, spam away.
Although it’s technically Markov’s secondary weapon, the Assault Rifle is capable of doing large amounts of damage over a very short period of time. It comes equipped with a 60 shot clip full of rounds that are effective at medium to long range, and has the added benefit of being able to target any of the available weak spots on the monster.
- Use the Assault Rifle’s accuracy and range to make up for the lightning guns shortcomings in that area. If the monster is on the run or out of lightning gun range pull out the assault rifle to poke the monster down.
- If you are able to consistently hit the monsters weak spots or head, the Assault Rifle can actually do more damage than the lightning gun. Aim down the sights to improve your accuracy.
Markov can deploy up to 5 Arc Mines at one time. If the enemy monster happens to step on one of these mines he will be hit with a high-powered blast. In fact, the Arc Mines do the most damage in one shot of all of Markov’s weaponry.
Once a mine has been deployed it takes 3 seconds to arm. During the arming process if it is attacked or stepped on by the monster it will be destroyed without going off. Teammates cannot set off mines by walking over them
- Arc Mines work great as a defensive tool to keep the monster at bay while you fire away with your other weapons. Place a line of mines between your teammates and the monster to deter him from attacking. If he does lunge he will pay the price with a large chuck of health.
- When looking for the monster, deploy arc mines along the common paths and areas you think the monster will travel along. Though the mines wont tag the monster, the resulting explosion will give away his position.
The assault class standard personal shield is perfect for keeping you alive long enough to get that last bolt of your lightning gun or assault rifle off. When activated, the personal shield renders its user practically immune from damage (it takes a ton of damage to break) for ten seconds. After those ten seconds are up the shield comes down and you’ll have to wait another 30 seconds until it can be used again.
- Use the time while your shield is activated to use your close range weapons. It will protect you while you get in close, after which you can jet pack away to poke with your long distance options.
- Keep an eye on your shield strength and remaining time. Getting caught up close and personal with a monster and no shield is a surefire way to get you and the rest of your team killed. Monitor the timer and shield strength to make sure you don’t get caught with your pants down.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Evolve Game Page.