Getting a high score in the Challenge of the Elders is essential if you want to complete your sigil and collect all that high end loot. There are two different requirements you’ve got to complete each week in order to get both the lvl 320+ weapon and gear.
First off you have to get a high score of 30,000 for a single run. That’s 30k over three rounds. Second, you have to get a cumulative score of 90,000 over any number of rounds on your sigil. You can even be with a different fire team each run and the points will still count towards your cumulative score.
To make sure you’re hitting your score requirements each sigil, here are some tips you can use to maximize your points each run.
- Make every shot a precision shot. Good aim goes a long way towards accumulating a lot of points, so try to finish off enemies with precision shots whenever possible. Weak enemies are the easiest for quick headshots, so equip your favorite ranged weapon and start sniping them.
- Pay attention to the point multipliers. Each week there will be different multipliers to the Challenge of the Elders, including point multipliers for different kinds of kills/ abilities. Some of the multipliers we’ve already seen have given bonus points for generating orbs, assists and getting precision kills. These multipliers greatly increase your points generated so it’s very important to focus on them when you can.
- Move quickly during the fights. It’s important to think out your movements so you don’t get killed, but it’s just as important to get each boss down before the 5-minute timer elapses. When it does expire, Variks will start draining points from your total. Take too long and you’ll waste all the hard work you just put in.
- Deal with the adds quickly. As soon as a wave of adds starts coming out, you should shift your focus to them and not the boss. Once your team has dealt with them, wuickly switch back to the boss and continue burning him down as fast as you can.
Dealing with the adds quickly not only ensures you don’t get overrun, every add you kill adds to your point total in the end.
- Use your supers when you have them. Generating orbs by using your super is another way to generate points in the Challenge of Elders. Even if you don’t think it’s the perfect scenario to use it, pop your super as soon as it’s full so that an new one can start charging right away.
The only thing you’ll want to be careful of is killing too many adds with AoE abilities like the warlocks lightning attack. When you kill an enemy with these type of supers they don’t count as precision kills, and only give the lower amount of points you would receive if you got a regular (non headshot) kill.
- Each round gives an increasing score multiplier at the end. Round 3 gives more points than round 2, which gives more points than round 1. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get a ton of points in the first round, there’s a good chance that you’ll make it up in the second or third if you put in a good performance.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Destiny Game Page.