There's two exotic AK-47 Rifles in The Division 2, with one having two Talents (Ruthless) and the other (Merciless) having 3. Merciless also has unique Talents, which you'll rarely - if ever - see on other weapons.
- Binary Trigger -"This weapon is equipped with a binary trigger that fires on trigger pull and release."
- Basically, this is a quick way of firing two shots in succession, with only a single press and release.
- Guerilla Warfare - "Pulling the trigger fires primer rounds that stay embedded in an enemy. Releasing the trigger fires detonator rounds that detonate all primers on the enemies it hits."
- What this means, despite sounding complex, is that if you fire two shots at a target using the Binary Trigger (click/unclick) you'll prime and detonate each time. However, you can stack the primed shots by firing on the target, and then away at someone else. This'll allow you to repeatedly stack the Primer, before a final shot to detonate.
- Brutality - "While holstered, landing a shot has a 5% chance to deal 20% damage as explosive damage."
- Effectively building on your priming/detonating for some extra DPS, its chance is low but still helps.
How To Obtain The Merciless Rifle
Simple: Any named Hyena boss has a chance to drop it (between 2% and 4%). Any Hyena boss carrying it, will drop the entire Exotic rifle on death (no Blueprint here). Get farming!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our The Division 2 Game Page.