There are only two achievements in the Vortex Pinnacle and only one of them involves a boss fight. The two achievements are called Extra Credit Bonus Stage, and No Static at All.
This is an old school platform game type achievement in which you have to find and collect 5 hidden objects located throughout the instance. You must find and locate 5 Golden Orbs, of which more than 5 can be found if you hunt hard enough.
The orb locations that I know of are here:
- There is one on the left hand side of the first bridge in the instance. Check for it off the side and jump off to collect it.
- There is one on each side of the bridge shortly after Grand Vizier Ertam and just before Altairus. This is the bridge with the hurricane orbs that knock you back. One is found just off of each side of the bridge, you must jump off to collect them.
- In the area with Altarius there are two orbs in the air above the pillars. During the fight with Altarius you need to use a tornado to reach them in the air.
- There are two more found on the spiral ramp just after Altairus climb to the top of the ramp and jump off to collect the orbs.
- There is another just off the spiral ramp before Asaad. Climb to the top of the ramp and jump off to collect the orbs, this one however requires a speed boost to reach.
Note that while you need to jump off to collect them, you must make sure that you click on them as you pass them. If you miss clicking them, it does not count as collecting them.
It does not matter who in the party collects the orbs, the whole party will earn the achievement when you collect the 6th orb.
This is another fairly simple achievement to earn as the mechanic that you need to avoid is itself pretty simple. Asaad casts static cling throughout the fight usually shortly after he casts chain lightning. This one second cast gives you at least two ways to avoid the effect.
The first way to avoid the effect it to simply not be on the ground when the spell is cast. If you are not on the ground when the spell goes off you can not be affected by it. This means that simply jumping any time you see static cling being cast will let you avoid being affected.
The second way is to have levitate cast on you at some time before he casts static charge. Because the spell is not cast right after chain lightning a priest sometimes has enough time to get levitate on everyone other than the tank before static cling is cast. This way no one is on the ground and only the tank needs to jump.
This is a per player achievement, so you can earn it even though no one else does. There really is no real reason though that you should not be able to finish this achievement the first time you are in the instance on heroic mode.
You can return the to main guide page here: Glory of the Cataclysm Hero Achievement Guide.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.