BioWare continues to expand the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer experience with its latest free multiplayer DLC pack, Retaliation. The latest DLC announcement features the return of the Mass Effect 2 villains, the Collectors, as an enemy faction, new environmental hazards for existing maps, a new challenge system, more weapons, additional classes and more.
As with previous multiplayer DLC packs, Retaliation will be free to download for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October 9th (October 10th for PlayStation 3 EU).
THE COLLECTORS HAVE RETURNED IN MASS EFFECT 3: RETALIATON
The battle to save the galaxy rages on and a familiar foe returns in the largest downloadable content pack to-date for Mass EffectTM 3 multiplayer! Available to download at no additional charge*, Mass Effect 3: Retaliation ups the challenge by adding treacherous environmental hazards to existing maps and will introduce the infamous Collectors as a new enemy faction in multiplayer.
Also making its way into the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation pack is a brand-new challenge system that will reward players for their accomplishments in multiplayer. This new feature will give players the ability to track and compare progress across different multiplayer challenges.
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation will be available for download on October 9 on Xbox LIVEÂ® and the OriginTM client software and on PlayStationÂ® Network in North America on October 9 and in Europe on October 10. In order to properly install the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation pack, users must also download and install the latest patch. The entire pack will include:
- New ÂHazardÂ Versions of Existing Maps Â Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction Â Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons Â The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle.Â Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock ÂÂ A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier and Turian Ghost Infiltrator. Additional class kits will be added as the weeks progress.Â
- New Powerful Upgrades Â Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature Â Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new ÂChallengesÂ database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.
As part of the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War** system, success in the cooperativeÂ multiplayer experience in Mass Effect 3 links back to the playerÂs single-player campaign. Gaining control over each theater of war will increase the playerÂs Galactic Readiness Rating, and in turn, can influence the playerÂs overall experience. Participation in the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War feature is optional.
As part of the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War** system, success in the cooperative multiplayer experience in Mass Effect 3 links back to the playerÂs single-player campaign. Gaining control over each theater of war will increase the playerÂs Galactic Readiness Rating, and in turn, can influence the playerÂs overall experience. Participation in the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War feature is optional.
The Mass Effect franchise is one of the most highly decorated series in the history of games, having earned over 300 awards from critics around the world. Mass Effect 3 launched in March 2012 to universal critical acclaim, receiving over 90 perfect scores. For more information on Mass Effect 3, please visit http://masseffect.com, follow the game on Twitter at http://twitter.com/masseffect or "like" the game on Facebook at http://facebook.com/masseffect.* OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 9, 2014. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN, XBOX LIVE GOLD, OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. VALID ONLY AT THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT), XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE OR PLAYSTATION STORE. VALID WHEREVER MASS EFFECT 3 IS SOLD. MASS EFFECT 3 FULL GAME, MASS EFFECT 3 ONLINE PASS AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES.
** The Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War feature can be activated via the Online Pass code found in every new copy of Mass Effect 3.