Have you ever wanted to be part of a games development process? Amplitude Studios is going to give you the chance with their GAMES2GETHER (G2G) initiative. The indie developer is currently working its first title with the sci-fi strategy game Endless Space and is giving players a chance to help shape the games development.
Check out the new G2G trailer after the break and visit the Endless Space website to learn more about the game and how you can shape its development.
Amplitude Studios announces the development of ENDLESS SPACE and the GAMES2GETHER initiative.
Paris, March 6th, 2012 To gamers around the world, to those who are tired of the toss it over the wall and debug it later development process, to the ones standing up for their convictions and wishing to make gaming history, Amplitude Studios announces today a new 4X sci-fi strategy game called ENDLESS SPACE under development for PC and MAC digital distribution. Dedicated to involving the players / gamers in the creation of ENDLESS SPACE, Amplitude Studios is choosing to invite the community to participate in the development of their game thanks to an accessible and innovative program called GAMES2GETHER (or G2G for acronym lovers).
Few industries have such a vocal community and even fewer have the luxury of listening to the feedback that it provides. During the many years we have worked in game development, we have particularly enjoyed working with communities and sharing, discussing and comparing ideas. Many great games today would not be what they are without that support, commented Mathieu Girard, CEO of Amplitude Studios. Now that were independent and get to call the shots, the whole team shares the dream of bringing this interactivity and support one step further. he added.
Starting this very second, gamers can follow the development and participate in the creation of ENDLESS SPACE on the game website www.endlesspace.com. Amplitude Studios first game occurs in a science fictional universe, rich with millions of years of history as well as the remnants of lost civilizations. The most important one, known as "The Endless", left its mark and its artifacts scattered throughout the stars. While uncovering Endless relics and meeting other star-faring civilizations, the player will, through war, trade, and diplomacy, leave his own mark on the heavens
- A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
- Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
- Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
- Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up or break alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
- Endless Replayability: Control every new games scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev teams objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team.
About Amplitude Studios
Founded in April 2011 by Mathieu Girard and Romain de Waubert, AMPLITUDE STUDIOS is an independent studio that was created with a set of very clear goals in mind:
- Bring the skills and experience of blockbuster-level game development to a medium-sized studio;
- Keep the team small by having very high levels of expertise in key roles and outsourcing much of the work;
- Try our hardest to create best-in-class strategy games.
Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others.
Amplitude Studios -- Gamers who know how to make games.