Every year, Xerin and I stay up drinking adult beverages and waiting for the stroke of midnight, US Pacific time, to see what kind of leg the devs will skillfully pull this year. If you, like us, are a rabid fan of these extra-special touches (and the nice big wrench they toss into official forum communities), you're not going to be disappointed! Go see these elaborate hoaxes, as Xerin says, while they're still funny:
World of Warcraft
- New Item: Tin Foil Hat - Keep your thoughts to yourself!
- Warcraft 4 Announced! - Complete with strange resemblance to Warcraft 3.
- New Player Class: The Archeologist - These bullwhip wielding, fedora wearing warriors will have to deal with the game's new "phobia system."
Lord of the Rings Online
- New Race: The Sméorufolc - Gargamel will probably have to forge an alliance with Mordor.
And, as a special bonus:
- Google Announces TISP - Want free home wireless internet access? Just flush some antenna cable down your commode!
Your game wasn't listed? Oh man, where's the sense of humor! Bah, there's always 2008. Or later today. We'll keep things updated!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Miscellaneous Game Page.