Battlerite's 0.9 patch brings a new Champion called Ezmo that seemingly has a rapid fire kit all about disception and mischeif. I'll be sure to update you on his kit when we know it. Alongside this Lucie sees some minor nerfs to hit kit (damage and range) while Rook and his Crushing Blow (RMB) also gets the balance treatment: it can now be countered. In addition to this, Croak gets some buffs and nerfs and should be a lot more mobile when cloaked. Take a look below at Ezmo's video, alongside the patch notes.
The servers will be down for approximately 1 hour on Thursday, November 10th at 15:00 CET (9 AM EST / 6 AM PST) for patching.
Features & Content
Ezmo - The Mischievous
Ezmo was once imprisoned by the warlock, Aradu The Reserved, but managed to escape when his captor was too engrossed in reading his tome. Ezmo sealed Aradu's soul within the book, creating the Lost Soul Grimoire, and has carried it ever since. When he isn't playing tricks on people, Ezmo is searching for a way back to his home dimension.
YouTube™ Video: Battlerite Champion Preview: Ezmo "The Mischievous"
10.11.16 -Ezmo is fond of arguing with his tome and causing trouble. He is an aggressive spellcaster who can move quickly through teleportation.
Extended Champion Progression
Champion progression now goes up to level 20 and includes additional rewards such as Legendary Chests and Titles. Legendary Chests contain at least one Legendary item.
Play with same
At the end of a match you can now agree to play with your current team members again.
Champion Updates & Fixes
- Bulwark (Q)
- Fixed a bug with Bulwark and Harpoon/Javelin. Bakko now correctly reflects Harpoon & Javelin however Bakko does not jump to a target hit by a reflected Javelin. Reflected Harpoon will pull the target hit towards Bakko.
- Bulwark now reflects X-Strike projectiles instead of destroying them.
- Reflected Boomerangs can now be counter Reflected.
Croak has been performing well in lower brackets but has been dropping at higher ranks. These changes are both buffs and nerfs, as some bugs have been fixed that gave Croak more sustainability than intended at Tier 3, while some Battlerites and Buffs now work as intended and apply to all of his attacks. Croak’s been having a hard time to snatch Orbs so a slight damage buff to Frog Leap will allow him to snatch it with one strike less, whilst mobility tweaks should make him more reliable across the board and open up more Battlerite options at Tier 2.
- Sludge Spit (EX M2)
- Fixed so the Sludge Spit (EX-M2) debuff can be dispelled.
- Camouflage (Q)
- Movement speed bonus increased from 10% to 20%.
- Deceit (EX Q)
- Movement speed bonus increased from 15% to 30% (due to a bug, it was actually 30% so this doesn't change anything balance-wise)
- Frog Leap (Space)
- Damage increased from 16 to 18
- Toxin Blades
- Toxin Blades now applies to all Blade Flurry strikes regardless of other buffs.
- Cut to the Chase
- Now increases movement speed from 20% to 35%, instead of from 10% to 30%.
- Jungle Toad
- Fixed a bug causing Blade Flurry attacks made from Camouflage to heal Croak for 14 health with this rite active.
- Noxious Lunge
- Slight Rework - Now always inflicts a 1.2s Root and reapplies Toxin if it's active on target hit.
- Twin Strikes
- Now adds damage to all Blade Flurry strikes regardless of other buffs.
- Camouflaged Blade Flurry strikes no longer consume both Twin Strikes.
- Cut to the Chase
Slight Battlerite tweaks have been made to Freya's Tier 1 Battlerites to improve the balance of the 3 alternatives.
- Thunderslam (EX E)
- Fixed a bug where Thunderslam would be cast in the wrong direction when moving the mouse during cast.
- Charged Lightning
- Damage reduced from 12 to 8.
- Shield increased from 10 to 12.
- Charged Lightning
Jumong has been very popular since his release and is so far performing slightly above average. The value per energy on Jumong's Rain of Arrows has appeared to be a tad high and thus we're reducing the power level of this ability while we keep a close eye on his continued performance.
- Prowl (Q) and Black Arrow (Space) recast tooltips are now displayed correctly.
- Rain of Arrows (R)
- Damage reduced from 40 to 35 and slow factor reduced from 40% to 30%.
- Dragon Slayer (F)
- Will no longer pull enemies if they are hit during uninterruptible dashes.
- The stun caused by Dragon Slayer can now be dispelled
Lucie has performed exceptionally well during the latest patch. To get her more in line with other supports she has received a slight reduction in damage on the Toxic Dart debuff that has been granting a lot of value per hit. Her EX Abilities are still very strong and used far more than her ultimate, a few changes have been made to balance this out.
- Toxic Dart (M1)
- Damage over time reduced from 12 to 9
- Deadly Injection (EX M1)
- Range reduced from 10 to 8.5.
- Petrify Bolt (EX E)
- Cast time increased from 0.3s to 0.5s (animation changed).
- Chronoflux (EX Q)
- Fixed Team Marker colors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the healing to only be based on the damage Oldur had taken.
Poloma's lack of self-sustain has been an issue during the lastest patch. To compensate, most players picked the same battlerites each match for self healing purposes. We're changing her Other Side to grant self and ally healing in its core to increase her viability and hopefully to enable players to try out more diverse builds.
- Other Side (M2)
- Now heals self and nearby allies for 12 health when the effect ends
- Joyful Spirits
- Replaced by Soul Theft
- Soul Theft
- Moving through an enemy during Other Side deals 8 damage and heals you for 8 health
- Joyful Spirits
Rook is currently performing well across the board but several champions have had a hard time going toe-to-toe with this beast. To allow for more counterplay, Rook’s Crushing Blow can now be countered and blocked.
- Crushing Blow (M2)
- Now counts as a melee attack and can thus be countered and absorbed by directional shields
- Tremor (F)
- Now displays Aim Preview
- Squash & Weapon Break
- Now tagged with the correct keybind.
- Squash & Weapon Break
- Reaping Scythe (EX Space)
- Fixed so the correct name registered in stats, instead of "Whirlwind".
- Astral Beam (F)
- Fixed a bug where two Sirius players casting Astral Beam on each other made only the first one to cast the ability able to deal damage.
- Zephyr (EX Q)
- Taya is now unhittable during Zephyr.
General Updates & Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused the middle orb and the dropped energy of other players to sometimes become invisible.
- You now need to release the corresponding ability input when casting EX abilities that has charges. Affects Ruh Kaan (Reaping Scythe, after Demonic Hunt Battlerite), Varesh (Crush), Shifu (Harpoon) and Croak (Sludge Spit after Spit spit spit battlerite) abilities.
- The camera should no longer display the center of the arena during one frame after loading is complete.
- Fixed aim preview bug in Pearl's Dive and Rooks M2.
- Fixed invisible aim previews when having the decal setting off.
- Movement speed buff, YEE-HAW, is now removed when the target is demounted.
- Toggling Inspiration battlerite in training mode will no longer allow max energy to increase indefinitely.
- Optimized network for players with low upload bandwidth.
- Fixed a bug where some projectiles would unintentionally trigger directional shields.
- Disabling the music in options now remembers the setting when restarting the game.
- Added mono audio option.
On The Horizon
For the next major patch we’re looking at the following features and updates:
- Next step for the Ranking System
- A season based ranking with multiple and separate ranks per player.
- May lead to a (soft) ranking reset.
- Winter Themed Content
- Additional Battlerite tree updates and reworks.
We’re also continually working on new and exciting champions.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Battlerite Game Page.