A hefty hotfix (0.10.0.2) went live today, addressing matchmaking as well as Pestilus, Iva, and many other heroes before the holidays.
Full patch notes follow:
Matchmaking and Ranking changes
- There have been changes to the matchmaking algorithm to improve upon the quality of the matches.
- Minor changes to the matchmaking in regards to latency and regions. Reduced the chance of players being matched in a high ping region.
- Some modifications have been made to soften the high rating loss and low rating gain some players are experiencing. This will make the rating changes slightly more stable when winning and losing matches.
- A small bonus have been added when being promoted to the next division to allow for a bit faster climbing.
- The league promotion bonus has been increased for high skilled players/teams.
Bakko's latest changes reduced his effectiveness a tad too much. These changes should allow him to be more versatile and a bigger threat.
- Heroic Charge (F)
- Area damage increased from 25 to 28.
- Warlord's Axe
- Now also increases Blood Axe damage by 4.
- Shield Bash
- Weaken duration increased from 2.5s to 3s and dash distance increased by 50%.
- Wall Slam
- Slamming an enemy into a wall now also deals 2 bonus damage
- BUGFIX: Toxin Muck (M2)
- Now grants 5% energy for each target hit (previously granted 5% energy no matter how many enemies that were hit)
The latest battlerite updates to Ezmo has allowed him to melt faces a bit too fast due to the synergies with Tome of Destruction. We're moving some of this power to his Ultimate for a better energy balance.
- Tome of Destruction (R)
- Damage per mimicked Arcane fire hit reduced from 4 to 3.
- Grimoire of Chaos (F)
- Damage increased from 52 to 55 and surge force increased by ~15%.
- Fading Snare duration reduced from 2s to 1.5s.
Iva has several good mobility Battlerites but due to her low range and high movement penalty it's hard to utilize them effectively. A boost to her mobility while firing Boomstick should help her stay in range while dodging some bullets.
- Boomstick (M1)
- Iva’s movement speed while firing Boomstick has been increased from 40% to 55%.
While we are looking into a few bigger changes to Jumong we're slightly tuning down his poke-damage power and raw DPS in this patch to get him more in line with other ranged.
- Marksman’s Arrow (M1)
- Damage reduced from 16 to 15.
Lucie's Barrier receives a slight increase to its cooldown to put it more in line with Shield abilities of other Champions.
- Barrier (Space)
- Cooldown increased from 10s to 11s.
- BUGFIX: Infest (Space)
- Target spells used on yourself when Pestilus infests you are now triggered on yourself or nearest other ally instead of on Pestilus (i.e Other Side, Tornado).
- Pestilus can no longer be hit by heals while infesting.
- BUGFIX: Vomit (EX M2)
- Cooldown increased from 3s to 4s to share cooldown with Bloodsucker.
Ruh Kaan's self-sustain has been a tad too strong lately. A slight cooldown increase on Consume should open up a larger window for punishment in his rotation.
- Consume (Q)
- Cooldown increased from 8s to 9s.
Taya's Battlerite updates boosted her performance a tad too much, we're tuning her Haste cooldown and potential damage output of X-Strike to slightly reduce her agility and damage potential.
- Haste (Space)
- Cooldown increased from 8s to 9s.
- Companion Call (F)
- Now interrupts Mount casting. This solves the issue when a player tries to cast mount sprint and accidentally triggers mounting up cast just before companion call hits.
- Taya can no longer gain haste during her ultimate.
- Damage reduced from 8 to 6.
A tweak to his primary attacks should increase his hit-rate and make his damage output more on par with new nuke friendly Champions. Slight buffs to his defensive abilities should help him stay alive and increases his ability to support allies.
- Hand of Judgement (M2)
- Cast time reduced from 1s to 0.9s.
- Inhibitors Guard (Space)
- Cooldown reduced from 12s to 11s.
- Reform (R)
- Cast time reduced from 0.3s to 0.2s.
- Unlimited Power
- Now reapplies Corruption when Consuming it
- Fixed a bug causing profiles to sometimes display wrong values for placement teams when browsing multiple users profiles.
- Fixed a bug where the middle orb would sometimes not yield anything when killed instantaneously.
- Fixed a bug where multiple fortify-buffs (damage reduction buffs) would sometimes result in healing upon taking damage.
- Avatars are now sorted better in the profile page, which will make event avatars easier to find.
- Removed Grade text from Odeum profile entries.
- Fixed a bug causing the Champion in a private match to not match the one in Quickmatch / League.
- Chat messages are shown again while editing replays and or viewing replays in the Odeum. (Chat input is still disabled)
See the full patch notes and discussion at the Steam Battlerite announcements section.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our