Zander is the latest Support Champion to arrive in Battlerite and having taken him for a roadtest, has an incredibly strong kit (we'll finish his guide later today). As far as other changes this patch, there's a fair few tweaks.
- Alysia received significant buffs to her survivability.
- Bakko gained greater utility.
- Destiny was nerfed fairly hard.
- Iva gained easier damage potential.
- Lucie received some positive changes to her Battlerite's.
Full notes below.
- The Default Loadout is not displayed in game if you have made at least one Custom Loadout for that Champion
- The Default Loadout has been renamed Basic Loadout
- Fixed a bug where some buffs would be overwritten if another instance of that buff with a shorter duration was applied on the same target
- Sweeping the mouse over HUD elements no longer interrupts the casting of abilities
- Added constrain cursor to window option
- We are aware of a bug that results in scoreboards at the end of the match displaying 0 points for all players. While it is not addressed in this Patch, we are working on a fix.
- We noticed that many new players have fairly felt conflicted when it came to deciding whether they should purchase the All Champions Pack, as players felt like they were wasting Gems or Battle Coins if they were to buy a Champion prior to investing in the Pack. In response to this, we are happy to announce that you will now receive a reimbursement for Champions previously bought when purchasing the All Champions Pack. If you ever have or will purchase the All Champions Pack and you have previously purchased Champions with either Gems or Battle Coins, you will now be reimbursed in the currency you originally purchased the Champion with. The amount reimbursed is determined by the price of the Champion at the current time of reimbursement. Note that Champions received through promotions, giveaways, or chests are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Fixed a bug where Champion models would sometimes not be displayed properly in the lobby while getting ready for a match
- Fixed a bug where weapons would be displayed incorrectly after opening a chest
- Should now correctly display invalid name when trying to set username longer than 32 characters
- Can now change capitalization on own name when using the name change feature
- When in a private lobby, players should now be correctly displayed as ready in the lobby chat
- Queue size preferences are now saved according to whether Casual or League is being played
- When joining a new lobby, messages sent prior to joining that lobby will no longer be shown
- Can now assign another player as host in the private lobby
- Fixed a bug where users could start a campaign mission while in a private lobby
- Can now select Random Map in a private lobby
- Fixed an issue where wide screen monitors would cause certain UI effects to display incorrectly
- Notifications for team promotions will no longer be sent more than once if you are friends with more than one team members
- Fixed a bug where space did not always open chests
New Champion – Zander, the Magnificent Magician
When the famous theatre troupe ‘The Phantomine Masquerade’ disbanded after a tragic series of events, Zander, their magnificent magician, vanished without a trace. This distinguished illusionist, known for his unparalleled perfection in card trickery, teleportation, misdirection, duplication and transformation has now returned from the dead to turn the otherwise ceremonial arenas world-wide into spectacular revelries.
Trick Shot (M1)
Throw two magical cards. Each card deals 6 damage to enemies, heals 5 health on allies, and heals you for 2 health on hit. Applies Heart on allies hit.
Reduces damage taken by 15% for 4s
Grand Conjuration (M2)
A heavy magical projectile that deals 28 damage and pierces enemies. Inflicts Arcane Catalyst on targets hit.
Target takes 13% more damage for 3s
Mirror Image (Space)
Turn immaterial and dash in target direction, leaving an Illusion where you stood.
A duplicate that copies your Trick Shot casts, throwing a single card. Illusions cannot be interrupted and gain no energy.
Place a portal at target location that teleports allies one at a time, removing them from the fight for 1.5s before reappearing at a target destination of their choice. Teleporting an illusion increases its duration by 1s and grants you the ability to recast Portal to pick its target destination.
Sheep Trick (E)
Turn enemies inside target area into harmless creatures, rendering them unable to use any abilities for 2.5s. If the target takes 20 damage, the effect is broken.
Rabbit Form (R)
Turn into a rabbit to increase your movement speed by 80% and remove any movement impairing effects. Knocks away nearby enemies.
The Prestige (F)
Conjure a Grand Illusion at target position.
Copies your Trick Shot and Grand Conjuration casts. The illusion will also assist you in performing Sheep Trick, increasing its radius by 25%.
Spotlight (EX M2)
Enlighten target location, healing allies for 28 health over 2s and removing any negative effects on impact.
Mind Game (EX Space)
Turn immaterial and send an Illusion in target direction. Upon its arrival, it deals 12 damage and inflicts Arcane Catalyst to nearby enemies.
|Heart Restoration||Support||Heart restores 6 health over the duration.||M1||Trick Shot|
|Ace up the Sleeve||Offense||Traveling through a portal resets the cooldown of Grand Conjuration.||M2||Grand Conjuration|
|Arcane Conductor||Mixed||Increases the duration of Arcane Catalyst by 1s and damage taken by 7%.||M2||Grand Conjuration|
|Arcane Shenanigans||Utility||Allows Grand Conjuration to bounce on walls once and increases its max range by 10%. Can only hit an enemy once.||M2||Grand Conjuration|
|Phantasmagoria||Mixed||Increase the health of Mirror Image Illusions by 10 and duration by 1s.||Space||Mirror Image|
|Poof!||Offense||Your Illusions explode at the end of their duration, dealing 12 damage and inflicting a 0.5s stun to enemies hit. Grand Illusion explosions are bigger, dealing 20 damage and inflicting a 1s Stun.||Space||Mirror Image|
|Stacked Deck||Utility||Your first Trick Shot after using Mirror Image includes an additional card for both you and your illusion.||Space||Mirror Image|
|Showdown||Mixed||Grants self or allies traveling through your Portal a card shield that absorbs up to 12 damage for 3s.||Q||Portal|
|Late to the Show||Mobility||Teleporting an ally with Portal grants a 50% fading haste that lasts for 2s.||Q||Portal|
|Around the World||Mobility||Increases the teleport range of Portal by 20%.||Q||Portal|
|Lasting Form||Control||Sheep Trick consumes Arcane Catalyst to extend its duration by 1.2s.||E||Sheep Trick|
|Lead Astray||Offense||Sheep Trick inflicts Arcane Catalyst on targets hit.||E||Sheep Trick|
|Transformation Sickness||Control||Decreases enemy movement speed by 15% during Sheep Trick.||E||Sheep Trick|
|Bunny Hop||Survival||Recast Rabbit Form to dash forward, knocking back yourself and your target enemy upon hit, interrupting any ability being cast. Inflicts a 1.2s Stun if enemy is knocked into a wall.||R||Bunny Hop|
|Three of a Kind||Utility||Grand Illusion receives a 3s shield when conjured, absorbing up to 20 damage and throws one extra card when copying Trick Shot.||F||The Prestige|
- Zander can be purchased in game for 900 Gems or 5800 Battle Coins
- For a limited time, using Gems to unlock Zander will also grant 3x Zander Chests
- Ownership of Zander is required to purchase this chest
- Contains 3 drops. Guarantees at least one non-duplicate Rare, Epic, or Legendary Zander item and one Rare normal item
- Available in two bundles:
- 1 Zander Chest for 150 Gems
- 5 Zander Chests + 1 Free Bonus Zander Chest for 750 Gems
Magic Mayhem Bundle
- Ownership of Zander is required to purchase this bundle
- Can only be purchased once for 950 Gems
- Zander Legendary Outfit “Eldricht Shroud”
- 3 Zander Chests
- 1 7-Day Booster
Our favorite frost weaver had an exciting debut month with her fun, combo-oriented playstyle. However, she has to outplay her enemies dramatically to reach her potential. Her biggest weakness is being rushed down, and we’re making a multitude of improvements to increase her survivability. Alysia has to spend multiple abilities to chain Chill and Freeze effects, so we’re also improving her cooldowns and Flash Freeze radius to give her better consistency.
- Ice Lance (M2)
- Cooldown reduced from 5s to 4s
- Fixed a bug where using the setting “Interrupt Casting on Move” would interrupt this ability when changing directions while moving
- Arctic Wind (Space)
- Cooldown reduced from 8s to 7s, max range increased from 7.5 to 9
- Flash Freeze (E)
- Radius increased by ~10%, from 1.8 to 2
- Ice Crown (R)
- Fixed tooltip to indicate that the icicle cone only triggers when the Ice Crown is broken by damage
- Ice Block (EX Q)
- Duration reduced from 3.5s to 2.8s
- Snow Cone (EX E)
- Cast time increased from 0.4s to 0.5s
- Channel duration decreased from 1.5s to 1.2s
- Total ticks increased from 6 to 7
- Total damage decreased from 24 to 21
- Fixed a bug where it sometimes wouldn’t Freeze a target with max Chill
- Snow Storm
- Fixed a bug where it was only damaging one enemy if there were Frozen enemies in the area
- Frost Nova
- Chill duration increased from 1.6s to 2s
- Inflicts Root for 1s to enemies already affected by Chill
- Recast duration increased from 1.5s to 1.8s
- Range increased from 3.3 to 4
- Wintry Blast
- Additional effect: increases Glacial Prism Chill duration from 2s to 3s
- Radius bonus decreased from 20% to 10% (while actual radius from previous patch remains similar, from 2.16 to 2.2)
- Arctic Cloak
- Lesser Glacial Prism can apply to allies
- Infernal Scorch (F)
- Fixed a bug where Infernal Scorch’s scorched earth area wasn’t dealing damage every tick. Now deals damage every tick to all enemies properly
Bakko hasn’t felt quite true to the giant shielded warrior we’ve come to know and love since his Shield Dash became daintier with his last bug fix. We’ve formalized Bakko’s strength by adding the Wall Slam battlerite into Shield Dash. Due to its combo potential, the damage and stun factor have been scaled back slightly. Wall Slam has been reworked into Dizzying Dash, giving Bakko a new tool to stick to targets he grabs. His foes won’t escape him so easily anymore.
- Shield Dash (E)
- Wall hit damage decreased from 16 to 12
- New Effect: Pushing an enemy into a wall inflicts Stun for 0.45s
- Shield Slam (EX E)
- New Effect: Knocking an enemy into a wall inflicts Stun for 0.45s
- Valiant Leap (Space)
- Fixed VFX issue with area indicator, size increased to match radius
- War Stomp (EX Space)
- Fixed VFX issue with area indicator, size increased to match radius
- Heroic Leap
- Made partially compatible with War Stomp (EX Space): Adds 3 bonus damage
- Raging Ram
- Fixed bug where Shield Slam (EX E) cooldown was being reduced by 2s instead of 1s
- Dizzying Dash
- Reworked from Wall Slam
- Tooltip: Shield Dash inflicts 15% Snare for 2.5s. Pushing an enemy into a wall deals 6 bonus damage
- Adrenaline Slam
- Now only grants War Axe bonus damage if you push an enemy with Shield Dash
- Weakening Pitch
- Battlerite category changed from Mixed to Support
Destiny receives further adjustments to her M2. It should be a versatile, strong ability but needs to have the appropriate difficulty to use. In light of this, it’s been tuned down across the board. Her Plasma Wall snare has been scaled back to emphasize its role as an anti-ranged ability. The Sizzle battlerite has been changed appropriately. This should give players more reasons to use her Plasma Prison when the situation demands it over the Plasma Wall.
- Charged Bolt (M2)
- Max Damage reduced from 32 to 30
- Movement curve during casting tweaked (overall covers around 30% less distance)
- Projectile radius reduced from 0.45 to 0.4
- Plasma Wall (E)
- Snare factor reduced from 50% to 25%
- Snare duration increased from 1.2s to 1.5s
- Transform Weapon (EX M1)
- Transformation duration reduced from 5s to 4s
- Shield duration reduced from 5s to 4s
- Battlerite category changed from Control to Offense
- Reworked: Now increases Snare factor from 25% to 40% and increases duration from 1.5s to 2s while also dealing 6 damage when applied
- Chaos Barrage
- Improved interaction with other sources of ammo. Consistently adds +1 ammo now
- Arcane Fire range buff now gets removed properly when reloading with Displace
Iva has always been a utility-focused ranged champion. We’re upping her damage potential so that she can more reliably deal damage when played in solo league. Her Concussive Shot cooldown improvement will also increase her support potential. Her battlerites have received various improvements to give her more loadout options.
- Boomstick (M1)
- Reload time reduced from 1.1s to 1s
- Machine Gun (F)
- Total damage increased from 140 to 160 (7 to 8 per projectiles)
- Concussive Shot (EX E)
- Renamed from Concussion Shot to Concussive Shot
- Cooldown reduced to 7 to match Tazer cooldown
- Burning Oil
- Damage increased from 21 to 24 (7 to 8 per tick)
- Fixed an issue where Conductor was incompatible with Igniting Spark. They now work as intended.
- Fixed tooltip to indicate that rite gives 120% increased attack speed
- Reload speed bonus increased from 100% to 120% to match Attack speed bonus
- Heavy Rocket
- Inflicts 0.7s Fading Snare to enemies in the explosion area
- Blast Shield
- Battlerite category changed from Support to Mobility
- Durable Shield
- Shield bonus on self increased from 8 to 12
- Igniting Spark
- No more direct damage, but consumes Oil to inflict Burning Oil on hit rather than when spellblock is triggered
- Seeker’s Arrow (EX M2)
- Fixed bug where the first hit on a counter would still create the followup bouncing arrow. Projectile is now destroyed entirely.
Lucie has been struggling a bit since the big Battlerite System change. While she has many diverse battlerites and build options, we feel a bit more power is warranted. We’re shifting power from Chaos into other rites, as well as giving her a new option by adding the Dynamic Solution battlerite as a replacement for the unused Toxic Reaction.
- Vampiric Toxin
- Healing per tick increased from 2 to 3 (total healing increased from 6 to 9)
- Blast Shield
- Battlerite category changed from Mixed to Offense
- Damage increased from 6 to 10
- Battlerite category changed from Support to Mixed
- Damage and healing increased from 8/8 to 10/10
- Dynamic Solution
- Replaces “Toxic Reaction”
- Increases max range and radius of Clarity Potion by 10%
- Now only gives the AoE effect when hitting a target.
- Radius increased from 2 to 2.2
- Damage increased from 6 to 8
- Lesser Panic duration increased from 1s to 1.5s
- Now compatible with Deadly Brew
- Swift Roll
- Haste duration increased from 2s to 2.5s
- Unstable Bubble (EX E)
- Slow from being inside of bubble is now dispelled properly when a Champion turns immaterial
- Swarm (R)
- Fixed a bug where the moths fired when shield was destroyed could hit allies
- Scarab Pack (F)
- Fixed buff/debuff so they can no longer be dispelled
Poloma has several key battlerites in combination with the Other Side that allow her to enable resilient team compositions. The Other Side is one of her defining features, so we are seeking to reduce the power of these rites first. Silver Fang grants Poloma a safe poke game using Ghost Wolf due to its tremendous range, while Spiritual Wind always provides her an escape outlet even when used just for the haste effect. Lastly, Phantasm offers too much game-altering potential in a single rite.
- Ghost Wolf (E)
- Damage reduced from 20/16/12 to 20/15/10
- Soul Drain (EX Q)
- Fixed tooltip errors
- Damage reduction factor reduced from 40% to 33% and damage amplify factor reduced from 25% to 20%
- Spiritual Wind
- Haste is now only applied if Poloma successfully applies Spell Block (does not require the Spell Block to be triggered)
- Soul Essence
- Now properly EX compatible
- Silver Fang
- Range bonus reduced from 20% to 10%
- Fixed so the cooldown reduction for not hitting a target is not granted when hitting shields or counters
- Raging Bull
- Fixed bug where Rush cast time during Berserk was being reduced by ~43% (to 0.4s) instead of ~60% (to 0.28s) as the battlerite indicates, and where cooldown to Rush was not always carried over from Rush Berserk
Ruh Kaan has been temporarily overshadowed by the rise of Thorn. The boogie man deserves to be feared, so we’ve spliced a few of his battlerites together and increased his staying power.
- Consume (Q)
- Cooldown reduced from 9s to 8s
- Leech Blade
- Effect of Leech Blade combined with Taint, healing per hit reduced
- Tooltip: Hitting cursed enemies with Defiled Blade heals you for 2 bonus health. Charged Defiled Blade heals you for 6 bonus health.
- Amplify duration increased from 3s to 4s
- Nether Chains
- Now EX-Compatible
- Cold Embrace
- Effect of Cold Touch combined with Death’s Embrace
- Tooltip: Claw of the Wicked inflicts Root for 1.2s and Curse
- Battlerite moved from Perk to Defiled Blade slot
- Demonic Hunt
- Battlerite category changed from Mixed to Mobility
- Death Grip
- Battlerite category changed from Control to Mixed
- Kunju (Q)
- Fixed so Shifu can no longer be healed or pick up health and energy orbs while traveling after Kunju has been triggered
- Tornado (R)
- Fixed tooltip to indicate the proper air time for 1.35s
- Root Claw (M1)
- Energy gain reduced from 7% to 6%
- Burrow (Space)
- Cooldown will now only start to count down once Thorn has completely descended into the ground (0.7s later than before)
- No Escape
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t recast to ascent early on in the Lesser Burrow
- Lesser Burrow now burrows underground faster to increase recast window
Varesh trades very efficiently due to the strength of his debuffs when combined with a Shatter combo, and Kinetic Judgement either forces an escape or leads into a silence chain. We’re reducing buff uptime for higher level play by tuning down his EX M2 and making it more challenging to maintain his debuffs. Kinetic Judgement has been reworked and power has been shifted to Devastation and Synergy.
- Wuju (Q), Shatter (E), and Crush (EX E)
- Healing and damage from consuming Corruption and Judgement reduced from 8 to 6
- Hand of Punishment (EX M2)
- Cast time increased from 0.4s to 0.5s
- Bonus damage increased from 3 to 4
- Kinetic Corruption
- Formerly Kinetic Judgement
- Reduces cooldown of Kinetic Energy by 3s. Applies Corruption on enemies hit.
- Now also increases the factor of Corruption and Judgement by 5% when both are active on the same target
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Battlerite Game Page.