Keeping true to their rather rapid delivery of new content, ArenaNet once again posted new details about whats in store for Guild Wars 2s next update coming a mere 2-weeks after the last.
Scheduled to launch on June 11th, the Dragon Bash update will kick off a new celebration in the city of Lions Arch with the Dragon Bash festival. The festival honors another year of survival in the shadow of the elder dragons and will include several new mini-games such as Dragon Ball, Moa Racing, and Dragon Effigies and Piñatas along with other activities and unique rewards.
As with the previous celebration in Lions Arch, there will be multiple phases to the event that will unlock over time. The initial celebration begins on Tuesday, June 11th with a unique fireworks show that will be displayed every two hours starting on Friday, June 14th through Monday, June 17th. Those that stay through to the finale will receive a unique festival helmet The Horns of the Dragon.
The event finale will take place on Tuesday, June 18th in the Lions Arch Grand Plaza with a lighting of dragon effigies.
Visit the Dragon Bash update page for more details about the upcoming event.
Guild Wars 2® Dragon Bash
Spectacular Festival Celebration Packed with Mini-Games, Fireworks, Exclusive Rewards and Dragon Bashing Galore
SEATTLE June 4, 2013: ArenaNet today announced the June 11th arrival of the Dragon Bash festival in Guild Wars 2, kicking off an action-packed celebration players won't soon forget.
To honor another year of survival in the shadow of the Elder Dragons, the defiant citizens of Lion's Arch have banded together for a boisterous festival full of fun activities, exclusive rewards and explosive surprises. During the celebration, players will also be introduced to Marjory Delaqua, an investigator who travels in the shadowy underworld of Lion's Arch.
The Dragon Bash festival is packed with new content and features:
- Holographic Dragon Wings: Dedicated festival goers can earn two sets of exclusive dragon wings by participating in Dragon Bash activities.
- Exclusive Weapon Skins: Those who take part in the revelry can earn the exclusive Dragons Jade weapon skins only available during Dragon Bash.
- Dragon Ball: The ancient Tyrian pastime of Dragon Ball returns. Teams of players test their skills against one another in this fast-paced game of reflexes.
- Moa Racing: Farshore Ward in Lion's Arch is the site of the fast and furious Moa Races, where anything can happen.
- Dragon Effigies and Piñatas: Combustible dragon effigies have been hidden everywhere. Perform a ritual dance to light them and receive a temporary boost. Keep an eye open for dragon piñatas strung up in honor of the festival then break them open to receive tasty Dragon Bash candy.
- Unique Festival Helm: Watch the skies above Lion's Arch come alive with an explosive fireworks show every two hours from Friday, June 14 at 9am PT through Monday, June 17 at 9am PT. Stay through the finale and receive a unique festival helm - The Horns of the Dragon.
- Lighting Ceremony: Tuesday, June 18, gather on the Grand Piazza of Lion's Arch and join the jovial Magnus the Bloody Handed as he presides over an evening of merriment and cheer over the lighting of the dragon effigies.
Thats not all ArenaNet has in store for this incredible in-game holiday. Check out the Dragon Bash trailer and read more about the release at https://www.guildwars2.com/the-game/releases/june-11-2013.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Guild Wars 2 Game Page.