Jeff Kaplan clarifies the philosophy and uses of Blizzard's PTR (especially for Overwatch) in the following video:
Some questions Kaplan answers (more listed on the YouTube description):
- What's the purpose of PTR, beyond collecting player feedback? (1:30)
- Why isn't PTR available for console players? (1:49)
- Why aren't there incentives for players participating on the PTR? (1:49)
- How does Blizzard respond to feedback on specific heroes like Sombra (6:36), Roadhog (8:17), D.Va (9:33), and Ana (11:29)?
- Negative bias is common in player feedback. How does Blizzard level things out with stats? (12:40)
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Overwatch Game Page.