Mark Jacobs served up a hefty new update on Camelot Unchaineds Kickstarter page this week to discuss the development roadmap for the PvP-based MMORPG. Jacobs plans to draw inspiration from the PlanetSide 2 teams roadmap work for future Camelot Unchained updates, but for now, he offered up goals for this week:
- Complete deployment of first pass of Camelot Unchained networking code with documentation. Yes Virginia, sometimes programmers do actually document their code.
- First pass at main server loop for Camelot Unchained. This is not the F# code that was used for SmackHammer but an all-new server loop.
- Internal testing of a first pass at a CSE patching system. This system will be developed using SmackHammer and eventually deployed for Camelot Unchained.
- Internal testing of a first pass of our account editor for Camelot Unchained. Were almost there so hopefully by the end of the week well be able to say that we can edit accounts more easily than we currently can.
- Update to the Camelot Unchained website. Were almost finished with a quick revamp of this so I expect that this will be an easy one to make.
- Complete first art pass at the next race for Camelot Unchained. We have two possibilities right now (both are Arthurians) and one of them is definitely a little easier than the other but well see. One draws heavily on a Scottish legend while the other, well, its different and also not so different at the same time.
- Continuing work on main animation system for Camelot Unchained. This is an ongoing process and while there isnt anything cool to show yet, its important groundwork for the game.
- Continuing work on the building system for the game. As per above, nothing exciting to show yet but things continue to move forward.
- Continuing work on SmackHammer client and server as needed.
- Next Becoming story for one of the two Arthurian races mentioned above.
- Complete first pass of updated levels for free version of March on Oz. This game will be released for iPads first and then we will move it to select Android tablets. Mea Culpa on this one, I wanted to have them done last week but life (and migraine) interfered.
Three new members joined the Camelot Unchained team over the last few weeks that should help get the development ball rolling a bit faster, so stay tuned. As an added bonus this week, Jacobs also shared new concept art for the Hamadryads. You can see them all in his full update on Kickstarter.
Source: Camelot Unchained Update
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Camelot Unchained Game Page.