Hi-Rez Studios has released a new Tribes: Ascend update that adds a new map, makes more revisions and gives new badges to beta participants. The new update includes Sunstar, a new Capture the Flag map, a revision to the Temple Ruins map, new EU servers and a number of tweaks and improvements. Additionally, beta participants that have reached at least level 10 will receive an exclusive in-game beta badge when the game launches on April 12th.
Check out the official press release after the break and visit the Tribes: Ascend website to sign up for the open beta.
Hi-Rez Studios Releases Latest Update To Tribes: Ascend
New Capture The Flag Maps, New Servers, and Badge for Beta Participants
ATLANTA. March 20, 2012. Today, Hi-Rez Studios introduces another significant update to the Open Beta of the free-to-play fast-action multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend.
Patch Highlights include:
· Added Sunstar, a new Capture the Flag map.
· Temple Ruins, a Capture the Flag map, has been revised based on community feedback and returns to the Quick Play rotation.
· Additional European servers added. Region selection includes Europe - London and Europe - Amsterdam.
· Additional Asian servers added. Region selection includes Asia - Japan, and Asia - Singapore
· Server performance optimizations.
· More polished reticules and HUD icons. Also, users may now disable unwanted HUD elements using SETTINGS menu.
· User settings now stored server-side. Setting may be reset with this patch but settings should be preserved upon future patches.
Other balance changes, features, and bug-fixes are detailed in the patch notes.
Hi-Rez Studios also announced their intent to reward the very active Beta community. When Tribes: Ascend officially releases on April 12th, all Beta players who have reached level 10 will receive an exclusive in-game Beta badge.
To play Tribes: Ascend Open Beta today visit: http://www.tribesascend.com. All player progress and unlocks in Beta will be preserved through release with no planned character wipes.
For press assets, including art, trailers and screenshots, visit: http://press.hirezstudios.com
About Hi-Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In February 2010 the company released their first title, the squad-based shooter MMO Global Agenda. The team is now developing two other AAA free-to-play online games Tribes: Ascend, the next installment of the popular Tribes franchise, and the upcoming MOBA game SMITE. For more info contact www.hirezstudios.com
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Tribes: Ascend Game Page.