It's time for Arena Season 2 folks!
Today, Carbine and NCSoft just announced that their recently previewed Cryo-Plex arena will be going live today to kick off this next Arena Season. Players will compete in this arena in teams of 2,3, and 5 to try and increase their team rating and win some pretty cool prizes at the season's end.
It's important to note that only 3v3 teams will earn rewards at the end of the season. So if you're only in it for the loot, make sure you're playing in that game mode.
Season 2 Notes
Arena Season Requirements
- Anyone can queue for Open (unrated) matches starting at character level 30.
- Playing in competitive (rated) Arena Seasons requires level 50.
- Players can only be in one team of each size: 2,3, and 5.
- 2v2 teams can have 3 members, 3v3 teams 5, and 5v5 teams can have 9 active members (to better ensure you've got enough players to online to compete).
- Teams will earn and lose rating based on their wins and losses.
- Only 3v3 teams will earn rewards at the end of the season.
- Teams must compete in at least 25 matches to have their rating considered for reward placement.
Season 2 Rewards
- The top five teams at the end of the season will receive unique weapons, a mount, a pet, and a title for their efforts.
- The top 10% of eligible teams will receive a unique mount, pet, and title.
- The top 50% of eligible teams will receive only the pet and title.
Good luck, everyone!
Here's a sneak peek at the weapons the top five teams in each faction will get to unlock!
Dominion Reward Weapons
Exile Reward Weapons
The Cryo-Plex Arena
Here's a cool little backstory on the arena for this season. Make sure you bring some hand-warmers!
"The southern tip of Olyssia’s coast is broken up by a complex series of towering rock formations known as the Shards. Dating from the earliest phases of the Nexus Project, the Shards are a byproduct of Eldan geological and primal earth experiments. Due to their extraordinary elevation, combined with the climate of the extreme southern region of Olyssia, the Shards are freezing on the warmest of days.
Prior to exploration of the Shards by the Dominion and Exiles, Protostar dispatched a large number of survey teams to investigate the area. Though little in the way of natural resources was discovered during these evaluations, Protostar did find the remains of an Eldan research station. After several weeks of profit analysis, the clones determined that the area was too dangerous. As a result, upper management decided to scrap the project to avoid further casualties.
In the time since Protostar’s retreat from the Shards, many other groups have come and gone. The artifacts in the research station have proven to be a powerful incentive for explorers and thieves, especially since they are a valuable source of Eldan data. As a result, more than one band of treasure-hunters has fought (and died) in the lofty heights that are now referred to as “the Cryo-Plex,” and even those with no interest in Eldan secrets go there to scrape their knuckles or settle a score."
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our WildStar Game Page.