CCP revealed several new details about World of Darkness at EVE Fanfest 2012 in Reykjavik, Iceland. First, a brief recap of the new information follows:
- Cities - WoD will offer multiple cities with real world city names. These cities will NOT be realistically modeled on their real world counterparts.
- Princes - The political model of WoD will include princes of each city. Democracy will play some part, and princes will be able to do things like declare...
- Bloodhunts and Permadeath - Permadeath can happen in WoD, but only during prince-declared bloodhunts. And that's all we know about that.
- Vampire: The Masquerade will, in fact, be the basis for WoD, and the game will feature vampires at launch. Other factions may be added in the future, but will not compete for the same resources (the vampire resource is, you guessed it, blood).
- Clans - The otiginal V:TM clans will be available in WoD
A first-ever look in-game was shown as well, with a nice nod to Fanfest attendees:
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Darkness Game Page.