World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.3.5
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html
- The Ruby Sanctum, an all-new 10- and 25-player raid featuring normal and Heroic difficulties, is now available for testing! Players will find the dungeon entrance below Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.
- Copied Test Realm characters are not copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.
- Chat Frame
- Players can now right-click on any chat type (Whisper, Trade, General, Party, Raid, etc.) and choose the Pop Out Chat option. This will move that chat type to a separate tab in the Chat frame which can be undocked and moved anywhere on the screen.
- Using the Pop Out Chat option on a Whisper will place the conversation with that player in a separate tab.
- Any time a conversation with another player is put into its own tab, the tab will glow when a new message is received.
- Hovering over the Chat Frame and using the mouse wheel will allow players to scroll through chat text.
- Players can select Classic Mode under Interface Options to keep the Chat Frame functionality closer to what it was prior to patch 3.3.5.
- The Simple Chat User Interface option has been removed.
- Friends List
- A new icon has been added to the top left of the Chat Frame which will open up the Friends list.
- In addition to its current functionality, the Friends List will now allow players to add Battle.net accounts (Real ID). Players will have to confirm that they are friends in order for a Real ID to be added. Once Real ID friends, players can communicate cross-game, cross-faction and cross-realm.
- A new Pending tab has been added where players can accept or decline a Real ID friend request, or select the Report Spam or Block Communications buttons.
- Players can now select from three statuses which will be visible to their friends: Available, Away and Busy.
- A Broadcast window has been added to the top of the frame. Players can use this to broadcast a message to all of their Real ID friends online. This message will also be displayed under the broadcasters Real ID information in each friends list.
- For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=11114
It's time for more fun, fun PTR action. 3.3.5 A.K.A. the Ruby Sanctum patch is now available on the PTR.
As many of you know, the Ruby Sanctum is a Sartharion (but not really) style instance that has one main boss and three sub bosses. According to information coming from Blizzard posters, this encounter will not be like the Obsidian Sanctum in the sense that you won't be able to activate three levels of the Heroic mode with which mini bosses you choose to kill. Instead there will be an ICC/ToC style toggle that allows you to activate heroic mode.
This will be the final raid instance of the expansion and will drop loot comparable to what the Lich King drops currently. This will most likely be ilvl 258 normal and 271 heroic on 10 player, and ilvl 271 normal and 284 heroic on 25 player.
The general assumption is that this instance will be accessed from beneath Wyrmrest Temple in the portal complex where the Obsidian Sanctum portal is located.
Copy your character to the PTR and try it out!
This patch will also contain some quality of life enhancements to the chat interface which will make it easier to whisper or interact with other players in a timely fashion. The Real ID infrastructure will also be deployed here so players can still talk with their friends when they're on Starcraft II.
There's no word on when this patch will go live, but don't expect it any time soon. Mid summer at the earliest looks to be likely.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our
World of Warcraft