There is always something that every person cannot stand: that car in front of yours who won’t turn off their left turn signal while you’re driving down the highway, for example. Each class in World of Warcraft has their own pet peeves as well. That annoying Mage who thinks he’s invincible and tries to tank an Abomination in Utgarde Pinnacle. Or even worse, a person in your group who tell you how to play your class, “You play all wrong!” Things like these can make you want to drop your class and reroll a hunter (save the hunters!). We still manage to stick through it and continue to play to the best of our ability.
Let’s attempt to make things easier for the healing classes. Here I will list, to the best of my ability, things that truly peeve out healers.
1. The number one peeve that annoys any healer is being asked for heals. “Heel me PLZ” That’s the worst! Healers should know how to heal and when to heal. When someone is constantly asking in chat or in vent for heals from these healers, this can truly annoy them into not wanting to heal you at all because you are pretty much telling them that they are ignorant and don’t know when to heal.
2. Watch their mana! A healer doesn’t like it when they announce that they are low on mana to the group after a tough fight and the group continues to move on. A healer can’t keep a group alive without any mana! It’s hard to sit and drink when the group keeps pulling and taking damage and we can’t drink while in combat either. So please, if the healer needs a moment to drink some water and regenerate some mana – wait.
3. Another thing that annoys a lot of healers is lazy people who don’t run back after a wipe and expect to be resurrected. This normally happens a lot in raids, PUG raids especially. Everyone else ran back. Why didn’t you? This really only annoys healers who don’t know the person very well or if it was not announced that they needed to go AFK while everyone else ran back. The one person who sometimes doesn’t run back can be easily forgiven, but the person who constantly or never runs back after a wipe is truly annoying to any class that can resurrect. Also, do not send tells to Druids to battle rez you in the middle of a fight. They’ll do it when the time is right or when asked by the raid leader.
4. Next comes the people who ask if you’re a healer and then invites you to a group without even asking if you want to go or where they are going. It’s never nice to just assume that the healer wants to go to every instance; this can be an issue for tanks and healers mostly. Along with getting random invites, just because they admitted that they are a healer, I sometimes would get tells in the middle of a raid asking if I’d go to an instance with them. Healers won’t leave a raid instance to go to a 5 man instance, even if you bribe them with lots of gold.
5. To Tanks and DPS, please, please, please understand that Line of Sight not only effects mobs but other players too! If you get aggro from a mob and run behind a wall or down the stairs to get away from it, don’t be surprised that you’re not getting heals, because stairs and walls are a true annoyance to healers. Sure, it’s nice that we don’t have to be facing the target we have to heal, but walls and stairs….we hate them.
6. One thing that annoyed me the most in groups is where I’d be asked to heal for an instance and a DPS would heal for me. Help is good, if the tank or someone is about to die, then the healer would be very thankful. But when players in the group are missing only a small amount of HP and the paladin or shaman would start healing for the healer they cannot do their job properly. Be prepared to help a healer if you see someone really low on HP, but do not do their job for them.
The list could go on. Really, it could. These six reasons I believe are impolite and rude to any healing class within a raid or group. Not every healer is good at what they do. My sister, who plays a prot warrior, can tell many stories of bad healers she’s encountered. Don’t assume that all healers are good, or all are bad. Believe that they know what they are doing and help them do their job correctly without getting on their bad side, remember, healers are the ones that are keeping you alive.