Kung Foo Enters Closed Beta
KUNG FOO! TAKES IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH CLOSED BETA
January 7, 2010 Redwood City, Calif. - Perfect World Entertainment today announced that its upcoming MMO, Kung Foo!, is now in closed beta. Scripted by special guest and highly acclaimed comic book writer, Devin Grayson, best known for her work on Batman: Gotham Knights, Nightwing and the Vertigo miniseries, USER, Kung Foo! is filled with loot, laughter and loquacious NPCs. Based on popular MMO in China, Legend of Martial Arts, Kung Foo! aims to set itself apart from other traditional MMOs by parodying the experience of playing an MMO while at the same time being one; a conceit that will help introduce new players to the genre as well as appeal to veterans already seeped in MMO culture.
Kung Foo! is one of the first MMOs to address those funny quirks and has no qualms in making fun of the genre in which it resides, said Craig Beers, product manager for Kung Foo! Regardless of what type of player you are, Kung Foo! offers everything players have come to expect from Perfect World Entertainments quality, free-to-play MMOs.
Kung Foo! has been a completely unique experience for me, said Devin Grayson, special guest writer for Kung Foo! As a gamer myself, I wanted Kung Foo! to incorporate inside jokes for veteran players, but also to work as a primer for people completely new to the concept of playing this way online. One of my goals in writing Kung Foo! was to make the NPC dialogue compelling, so that players might actually look forward to handing in their quests instead of considering it part of the grind.
Kung Foo! will offer comical features and quests including:
- Martial Art Disciplines 7 available to master at launch; including Grasshopper, Sharpy, Mager, Tank, Slasher, Medico and Augurer
- Themed Zones 6 available to explore at launch; including Panda Province, Snaf Foo, Fuzzy Forest, Zui Quan Village, Realm of Darkness and Enchanted Glade
- Hilarious Quests Hundreds of quests to choose from to help channel your inner foo
- Character Customization/Mounts Mix and match your character; be a street punk, cowboy or a bit of both
while riding a crab mount with boxing gloves
- Crafting For those few killer items that don't fall from the sky
- PvP For those who dont play nicely with others
- Pets Never fight alone in the dark again
- Transformations Become a fierce, fiery dragon or a steaming pile of poop
- Dungeons featuring hundreds of terrifying and despicably adorable mobs to slay
Gamers interested in joining the closed beta or for more information on Kung Foo! can visit http://foo.perfectworld.com/
About Perfect World Entertainment
Perfect World Entertainment, a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), publishes free-to-play, online games and provides online services in North America. The Company primarily publishes three-dimensional, or 3D, online games based on the Perfect World proprietary Angelica 3D game engine and game development platform. The Companys releases include Ether Saga Online, Jade Dynasty and Perfect World International, a free-to-play MMORPG which is currently played by millions of people worldwide; and single player action RPG Torchlight.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our Legend of Martial Arts Game Page.