Posted Tue, Mar 20, 2012 by Martuk
Check out the official press release after the break and visit the Tribes: Ascend website to sign up for the open beta.
New Capture The Flag Maps, New Servers, and Badge for Beta Participants
ATLANTA. March 20, 2012. Today, Hi-Rez Studios introduces another significant update to the Open Beta of the free-to-play fast-action multiplayer shooter Tribes: Ascend.
Patch Highlights include:
· Added Sunstar, a new Capture the Flag map.
· Temple Ruins, a Capture the Flag map, has been revised based on community feedback and returns to the Quick Play rotation.
· Additional European servers added. Region selection includes Europe - London and Europe - Amsterdam.
· Additional Asian servers added. Region selection includes Asia - Japan, and Asia - Singapore
· Server performance optimizations.
· More polished reticules and HUD icons. Also, users may now disable unwanted HUD elements using SETTINGS menu.
· User settings now stored server-side. Setting may be reset with this patch but settings should be preserved upon future patches.
Other balance changes, features, and bug-fixes are detailed in the patch notes.
Hi-Rez Studios also announced their intent to reward the very active Beta community. When Tribes: Ascend officially releases on April 12th, all Beta players who have reached level 10 will receive an exclusive in-game Beta badge.
To play Tribes: Ascend Open Beta today visit: http://www.tribesascend.com. All player progress and unlocks in Beta will be preserved through release with no planned character wipes.
For press assets, including art, trailers and screenshots, visit: http://press.hirezstudios.com
About Hi-Rez Studios
Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In February 2010 the company released their first title, the squad-based shooter MMO Global Agenda. The team is now developing two other AAA free-to-play online games – Tribes: Ascend, the next installment of the popular Tribes franchise, and the upcoming MOBA game SMITE. For more info contact www.hirezstudios.com