Hearthstone Closed Beta Patch Overview
The wipe of the Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft beta has been completed. This means that everything is fresh and new, just like it was when we first got our beta invites. For more information on what this wipe means for you check out my Hearthstone Beta Wipe Overview. This wipe also means that a slew of updates, fixes, and new additions have been added to the game via a pretty hefty (and shiny!) patch. Almost nothing has been left untouched, from heroes to the user interface. Read on for an overview of how the Hearthstone patch has changed and improved the game:
General Hearthstone Changes
- Max level has been raised to 60.
- In-game chat has been rearranged.
- Gold earned in Play mode has been increased to 5 gold per 5 wins and 10 gold per 3 wins.
- Golden Basic minions can be earned at higher experience levels.
- Arena rewards give less dust and more cards.
- Those who rank up 5 and 6 Arena wins can expect more gold.
- Nine Arena wins will earn you an extra pack of cards or a Golden card.
- Animations for Secrets and Fatigue have been sped up.
- All cards now include flavor text when viewed in your collection.
- Spell Power +1 has a new name: Spell Damage +1.
- Heroes can now be unlocked in ANY mode.
- Play, Practice, and Friendly Play modes will default to the custom deck selection UI if you have created a custom deck.
- Clicking on chat bubbles will allow you to respond.
- You will be notified of your friends completed Arena runs and their acquisition of Legendary cards.
- Quests that require class wins will now offer you the option of two classes.
- Hearthstone will now use your live Battle.net account list rather than the beta friends list.
- Credits for the game have been added so thanks can be given where thanks is due.
- A new UI has been added for Crafting Mode.
- The Game Menu and Options has a brand new look.
- Opening your next pack has gotten easier, simply hit spacebar after opening a pack to unwrap the next in line.
- The Hearthstone cinematic can now be replayed over and over again.
- Tons of Golden Cards now have animations, making them even more special.
- Russian and Polish fans will be pleased to note that support for custom fonts for their language has been added.
- Sunfury Protector only gives adjacent minions Taunt.
- Gelbin Mekkatorque's Repair Bot now has 0/3 and has a brand new power: Restore 6 health at the end of your turn to a damaged character.
- Mana Wraith now has 2/2.
- Questing Adventurer is now a Rare card.
- Pint-sized Summoner's cost has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Flesheating Ghoul is now a Common card.
- Emperor Cobra has a new visual.
- Injured Blademaster has 1 more Attack.
- The Beast is now 9/7.
- Lorewalker Cho has 1 less Attack.
- Lightwarden gains +2 Attack per heal.
- Captain Greenskin is now 5/4 and comes with Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.
- Twilight Drake is now 4/1 and has Battlecry: Gain +1 health for each card in your hand.
- Dalaran Mage has 1 less Attack.
- Captain's Parrot has 1 less Health.
- Frostwolf Warlord has a Battlecry effect instead of the original ongoing effect.
- Nozformu now has a visual effect.
- Mirror Image will now create 0/2 minions.
- Frostbolt is cheaper, costing 2 mana instead of 3.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice now has 1 more Attack.
- Lightspawn has 1 additional Health.
- Northshire Cleric costs 1 mana instead of 2.
- Greater Heal has been replaced with Holy Fire. Holy Fire deals 5 damage and restores 5 Health to the hero.
- Prophet Velen now also doubles the damage and healing of your Hero Power.
- Fade has been replaced with Shadow Word: Death. Shadow Word: Death destroys a minion with an Attack of 5 or more.
- Cabal Shadow Priest is now 4/5.
- Power Word: Shield has a brand new power that gives a minion +2 Health as well as allowing you to draw a card.
- Pit Lord now is 5/6 and has the Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to your hero ability.
- Sacrificial Pit now costs 0 mana.
- The Backstab card has new text.
- Edwin VanCleef now is 2/2, but no longer has the Stealth ability.
- Preparation now reduces the cost of your next spell by 3.
- Shiv costs 2 mana instead of 1.
- Hero Power no longer has the ability to buff a weapon that is already equipped.
- Defias Ringleader has 1 less Health than before.
- Conceal now costs 1 mana instead of 0.
- Headcrack now costs 3 mana, an increase from 2.
- Starfall can no longer hit heroes.
- Savagery costs 1 mana instead of 3 and can only target a single minion.
- Wrath can only be cast on minions.
- Cenarius now costs 9 mana, up from 8.
- The Ancient of Lore's heal now only restores 5 Health instead of 8.
- Hunter's Mark is no longer a 1-turn effect.
- Scavenging Hyena will now only eat your own Beasts.
- Battle Rage now costs 3 mana instead of 3, and now counts damaged heroes.
- Cruel Taskmaster has gained 1 extra health.
- Inner Rage's +2 Attack effect no longer vanishes at the end of the turn.
- Frothing Berserker has gained 1 Attack.
- Commanding Shout now costs 2 mana instead of 1 and also allows you to draw a card.
- Healing Totem will no longer heal a hero.
- Hex's Frog is now considered a Beast.
- Divine Favor now costs 1 more mana.
- Multiple issues were fixed with Faceless Manipulator incorrectly copying minions buffs.
- Hunter's Mark now correctly reduces a minion's health to 1.
- Knife Juggler's ability will no longer trigger after a minion is copied to your hand.
- Playing Mind Vision when the opponent has an empty hand is no longer grants you a card.
- Replaying cards returned to your hand will no longer cause a game halt.
- Playing Thoughtsteal now creates an entry in the game history.
- Misdirection no longer triggers if no legal targets are available.
- Ice Block protects the hero from incremental damage.
- Blood Imp's ability now increases Lightspawn's attack value.
- Issue fixed where playing a minion before Cenarius's battlecry goes off caused the game to halt.
- Disenchanting cards too quickly will no longer cause Arcane Dust counter to display an incorrect value.
- Issue fixed where gold amounts were showing the wrong values.
- Issue fixed where hero power buttons could become tilted.
- Spell animations issue fixed where they would loop when multiple triggers occurred.
- The visual effect for silence now appears over the targeted minion.
- Replaying a minion that previously had health/attack mods now shows the correct stats when it enters play.
- The Arena AMM wheel no longer vanishes when you find a match.
- The opponent's targeting arrow now
appears from the correct location.
Playing minions quickly as card draw effects are occurring no longer causes cards to stack in your hand.
- Issue Fixed where the Spell Power visual effect could linger.
- The announcers VO for both players should now be audible when in the Arena.
- The farming area of the Pandaria board will now allow the spawning of three radishes.
- Issue fixed where the druid AI did not play choice cards correctly.
- A toast with your own name will no longer appear on login.
- Master Volume now applies to music volume.
- Issue fixed where sound effects would loop while in-game or in the Collection Manager.
Overall the Hearthstone team seems to have taken user feedback into consideration and given us a host of changes and additions that are sure to make the game even more pleasurable to play. While there may be more patches to look forward to in the future, Hearthstone looks more streamlined and closer to official release with this patch than we could have ever hoped. Be sure to check out the official Hearthstone Closed Beta Patch Notes.What do you think about the first Hearthstone patch? What else would you like to see added or modified in game before it's official release? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.