The Complete Gathering Profession Resource Guide for Cataclysm
DonÂt spend hours flying around Azeroth wondering where to find the new herbs, leather, and ore in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm when you can find all the info you need right here on Ten Ton Hammer. WeÂve compiled a complete list of all the new gathering profession resources by zone, along with an ever-expanding list of tips on the best locations to find them.
Below you'll find complete reference charts for Herbalism, Mining, and Skinning, and don't forget to check out our Profession portal for complete guides to each of the primary and secondary professions in the game, including the all new Archaeology profession!
Herb Gathering in Cataclysm
- Both Azshara's Veil and Whiptail can also be found in Tol Barad along with the overland zones listed above. Thanks to the numerous dailies found in Tol Barad, this might be a better option for gathering either once you've leveled beyond the other zones.
Mining in Cataclysm
- Rich Pyrite Deposits are currently only found in Tol Barad. If you're wondering why it isn't listed in the other overland zones above, that's the main reason. While the rich deposits will yield more ore per node, due to the relative rarity you may be better off sticking to Uldum and Twilight Highlands for the normal deposits.
- Rich Elementium Veins can also be found in Tol Barad along with the other zones listed above.
[protip]As mentioned in another great article here on TTH: “Top 10 WoW Companion Pets You’ve Never Heard Of”, while mining in Cataclysm players have the chance to get their very own Elementium Geode. As the name implies this nifty little vanity pet has a chance to drop from any Elementium vein and if you decide not to keep it this pet can be traded.[/protip]
Skinning in Cataclysm
- As is usually the case, skinners have it just about the easiest of all gathering professions in Cataclysm. Not only can Savage Leather (and Savage Leather Scraps) be found in all overland zones, it can also be skinned from mobs in many of the new dungeons as well.
- Just like Arctic Fur in Wrath of the Lich King, Pristine Hides can be found on any skinnable mob, though so far they are also incredibly rare. The good news is that only a handful of recipes require them, and you will also be able to trade 10 Heavy Savage Leather for a hide in Twilight Highlands from the faction vendors there. The bad news is that also means these sell for a fraction of the price of other Cataclysm mats on the AH as a result.
Have a gathering tip you'd like to share, or additional information on the best places to find the new mats in Cataclysm? Let us know right here in Ten Ton Hammer's World of Warcraft community forums!