Cataclysm Raid Guide - Conclave of Wind
The first boss in the Throne of the Four Winds raid instance, the Conclave of Wind is a group of 3 bosses fought at once. This is generally thought to be the easiest encounter of the current raid tier because the healing isnt too steep and there are no major hard hitting abilities for tanks. The fight also has no enrage, so having mediocre DPS isnt an issue.
Conclave of Wind Abilities
Rohash (Right Side Platform)
- Slicing Gale Randomly targets a player on Rohashs platform and attacks them with single target blasts of wind. Hits for roughly 12,000 nature damage pre-resists.
- Wind Blast Spins around the platform firing blasts of air in front of him that will knock anyone hit 200 yards back and damage them for 10,000 nature damage. He choreographs this ability and it is avoidable.
- Tornado Summons 3 tornados that move around the platform randomly dealing around 40,000 nature damage to anyone that gets near them and knocking the player back.
- Hurricane (Ultimate Ability) When Rohash reaches full energy he creates a huge whirlwind that picks up all nearby players and throws them into the air. Everyone in the vortex till take 2,500 nature damage per second for 15 seconds after which they will be dropped and endure fall damage.
Anschal (Left Side Platform)
- Soothing Winds Creates a green circle on the ground that pacifies any players standing in it and heals Anschal and his adds for 20,000 per second. All players need to evacuate these areas quickly and Anschal must be moved away from it as well.
- Nurture Summons Ravenous Creepers, which are adds that must be killed. They spawn in random locations around Anschal and need to be picked up by the tank and AoEd down.
- Toxic Spores Cast by the Ravenous Creepers; spores erupt from the caster every second for 5 seconds dealing 500 natures damage per second for 5 seconds and stacking up to 25 times. This is rarely an issue if the adds are killed in a timely fashion.
- Zephyr (Ultimate Ability) Anschal heals all allies within 100 yards for 25,000 health per second and increases their damage for 15 seconds by 15%. This effect stacks. All adds must be dead by the time this is used or youre probably finished.
Nezir (Central Platform)
- Wind Chill Deals around 5,000 frost damage to all enemies within 100 yards and increases frost damage taken by 10% for 30 seconds. This effect stacks.
- Permafrost Nezir casts a cone of frost at his target dealing 10,000 damage per second for 3 seconds. This is cast on the target that has aggro.
- Ice Patch Nezir drops a patch of ice on the ground beneath a random player, it deals around 7,500 damage per second and slows movement speed by 10%. This effect stacks.
- Sleet Storm (Ultimate Ability) Deals 30,000 damage per second to enemies on Nezirs platform. The damage is divided between the players on his platform. Lasts 15 seconds.
- Tanks: 2
- Healers: 3
- DPS: 5
Youre going to need the tanks on Anschal and Nezir and one healer for each platform. How you divide up your DPS is your call but ideally you will have 2 ranged DPS on Rohash and the 3 remaining DPS on Anschal. The exception to this is if you have a Rogue they can stay on Nezirs platform for the entire fight since they can use Cloak of Shadows to remove the stacking debuff from Wind Chill.
The reason for this setup is that due to Wind Chill, each time there is an ultimate ability used everyone who was on Nezirs platform has to leave immediately or die. The main time for DPSing Nezir is going to be during the ultimate ability when all the DPS will move to the central platform. When the ability ends the DPS will go back to where they were before.
Each Djinn has its own platform and you switch between them using jet streams of air that link the platforms. These jet streams become unusable during their ultimate abilities so it is crucial that if you are moving between platforms to set up for their ultimate ability that you do so when they have around 80 energy.
The Conclave do not have shared hit point pools, but there is a twist. When one member of the Conclave dies they will regenerate within 60 seconds meaning that all three have to die within a minute of each other. Anschal and Rohash have 4.12 million health whereas Nezir has around 7.5 million.
Someone must always be on each platform while the boss there is still alive or they will cast an ability that wipes your raid!
This is a very simple fight to execute. You can consider it to have 3 phases, but it really only has 2. Each member of the Conclave has an energy bar that charges up by 2 energy per second up to a maximum of 90. When they reach 90 energy they will all begin to use their ultimate abilities at the same time. Managing these ultimates is the most difficult part of this fight.
Sleet Storm is obviously the most dangerous, youre going to want to have everyone in your raid on Nezirs platform when their energy bars charge to full except for the healer on Rohashs platform and the tank and healer on Anschals. This will allow you to mitigate the damage from Sleet storm while putting damage into Nezir at the same time.
Tank Swapping: Due to the debuff from Wind Chill you are going to have to swap the tank and healer from Anschal with the tank and healer on Nezir periodically. The best time to do this is around 80 energy right before the ultimate ability. This will get a fresh tank in to eat the ultimate and pick up Nezir after it ends.
Your raid needs to communicate and coordinate damage. Anschal heals himself pretty heavily but Rohash will die like clockwork. How much damage you have dealt to Nezir is also critical. You can kill the bosses in any order but most groups seem to prefer to kill Anschal and Rohash simultaneously then rush to the central platform, Bloodlust, and finish off Nezir. How much leeway you give your raid in terms of Nezirs health pool is your call, but its best to try to get him below 20% before you kill the other two just to be safe.
Ensidia versus Council of Wind 10m normal
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.