Siege of Orgrimmar LFR Part 2
As the whole Mists of Pandaria expansion cycle has been building towards a huge conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, the new raid in Patch 5.4 should come as no surprise to anyone. The newest raid is the Siege of Orgrimmar and is likely the last major raid content release for the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
This guide covers the second section of the Siege or Orgrimmar LFR and the four bosses you will encounter in it. In this second part of the raid you will be sent from the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to Orgrimmar to lay siege to the city. You will start outside the city for this part of the raid and move through the encampment outside the city.
The bosses found here are Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Kor'kron Dark Shaman, and General Nazgrim. This guide is meant for LFR players only, as it covers to most critical elements of the LFR version of each encounter. The full versions of these fights are more complicated and demanding and require more in depth knowledge than provided here.
Similarly, tanks are covered here briefly and it is possible to get through the LFR version with what is listed, but really if you are a tank you should do some more research and know the fights in more depth.
As an added bonus each boss also has a really short version of the essentials that can simply be pasted into raid chat to ensure that everyone knows the 25 words or less version of the fight.
This fight plays out more like a scenario that a raid boss, as it is made up of several stages, and you only really fight the boss in the last of them. The other phases all lead up to the boss fight.
Phase 1 - Clear the Landing
- You will start this phase on the ships coming into the bay near Orgrimmar, however you can not land until you take our the cannons on the shore.
Phase 2 - Bring Her Down!
- Warlord Zaela will send her best soldiers against you to stop you from getting to the towers above. All the while Galakras will be circling over head causing issues for you.
- The soldiers are nothing to be taken likely, there are four named high ranking officers and several minions to deal with. Each officer has a major ability that needs to be watched for.
- Cannoneer Dagryn - Has a muzzle spray attack that deals damage and pushed players back.
- Lieutenant General Krugruk - Has an arcing smash with his spear dealing damage to everyone in his frontal area and knocking them back.
- High Enforcer Thranok - Pulls random players in towards him with chains and then shortly after deals heavy AOE to anyone nearby.
- Korgra the Snake - Has various poison based abilities and will in fact become a snake once her health is low, and deal even more damage with aoe poison volleys at players.
- Once you defeat the various soldiers sent against you and make your way to the top of the towers, you need to hit Galakras twice with the guns there. Once you have Galakras will plummet to the ground and you can fight her there.
Phase 3 - Galakras, The Last of His Progeny
- In this final phase you fight Galakras herself. The main mechanic in the fight is the flame that Galakras spews at random players. The Flames of Galakrond moves outwards towards the random target player dealing damage to anyone it passes through on the way. However the damage it deals is reduced each time it passes through a different player. Once the flame makes its way to the target player it will explode for significant damage to everyone in the raid. This damage is lower for each player that the flame passed through as well, therefore you need it to hit several players before it hits the true target so that it lowers the healing requirement of the fight.
- Pulsing Flames - This ability hits all players in the raid for low amounts of fire damage. However, it also applies a stacking buff to Galakras that increases the damage she causes with fire by 2% per pulse that happens. This forms a soft enrage timer since eventually the healers will not be able to keep up.
/raid Phase 2 get our of AOE when pulled in, avoid other AOE. In phase 3 get in the path of fire to minimize damage.
The Iron Juggernaut
This second fight is against a mechanical monstrosity created for Garrosh in the image of a giant scorpion. This beast guards the gates of Orgrimmar from intruders. The Iron Juggernaut has two main modes in the fight and will switch between them.
- The Iron Juggernaut has two different arms that each have a different attack. It's drill arm bores into the ground causing an AOE blast effect to everyone nearby, while its other arm can launch a huge metal saw blade that ricochets from player to player. Both of these attacks need to be watched for and avoided as they deal significant damage.
- In addition to its arms, being a scorpion it has a tail. The tail will fire a laser on random players, dealing significant initial damage. There is also a cannon mounted on top of the war machine that launches explosives at random raid members dealing AOE damage around them.
- The boss must be tanked faced away from players as it pulses fire out of its front vents that applies a DOT and reduces armour by 20%. This effect stack and requires a tank swap.
- Throughout the fight the boss will also release Crawler Mines. These mines target random players and move towards them and burrow in. Once burrowed they start a countdown and explode for huge damage to the entire raid if allowed to explode. Players can stop the explosions by stomping on the mines, but will suffer personal damage and be launched into the air.
- In this mode the Iron Juggernaut digs into the ground and will attack various targets instead of the tanks and each of its weapons become far more dangerous dealing even more AOE damage.
- During this phase the Iron Juggernaut will also release many more Crawler Mines that function as above.
Iron Juggernaut Macro
/raid Avoid AOE effects, and stomp crawler mines.
Kor'kron Dark Shaman
This fight is against two very dangerous elemental shaman called Haromm and Kardris. This fight uses a shared health pool for the bosses and has an enrage mode at the end where they deal 25% more damage and gain 25% haste once they are lowered to 25% health.
Each Shaman has a basic attack and then gains additional attacks based on the totems that are currently active. The totems are dropped at specific points in the fight. Poison mist at 90% health, Foul Stream at 80%, Ash flare at 70%, and Rusted Iron at 60%. This makes the fight harder as time goes on.
- Frost Storm Strike - This attack hits the tank for heavy frost damage and places a stacking debuff that increases frost damage by 25% for 30 seconds.
- Poison mist Totem - Hits several random players with a poison DOT and a stacking damage increases.
- Foul Stream Totem - Hits all players in a line for heavy nature damage.
- Ash flare Totem - Summons Ash elementals that will attack players.
- Rusted Iron Totem - Deals heavy damage and imprisons anyone within 3 yards.
- Frost Storm Bolt - This ranged attack hits the tank for heavy frost damage.
- Poison mist Totem - Summons a toxic storm that deals heavy nature damage to anyone caught under it. The storm will last for one minute.
- Foul Stream Totem - Summons a foul geyser that hits for heavy nature damage and causes a foul slime to be spawned for each player hit.
- Ash flare Totem - Causes smouldering ash to fall from the sky. It deals lethal damage to anyone under it when it falls and moderate damage to the entire raid when it hits.
- Rusted Iron Totem - Seals a player in an iron prison dealing 100% of their health as damage after one minute.
Kor'kron Dark Shama Macro
/raid Avoiding AOE is the critical part of the fight. There is lots, and you must avoid as much as possible.
This fight is against one of the most loyal of Horde generals. He has been seen in many places over the years in World of Warcraft. He fought for Thrall to great victories in the Grizzly Hills and Vashj'ir. He however now has mistakenly placed his loyalty in Garrosh and as a result must be defeated.
The fight against Nazgrim is a single phase fight against the General and his minions. There are several different reinforcements that he will call throughout the fight that you need to deal with as adds. Nazgrim himself is essentially a warrior style character with warrior style abilities and rage as a resource. He even has the three normal warrior stances of Battle, Berserker, and Defensive.
- Tanks need to watch out for several abilities that Nazgrim has including: Sundering Blow which deals damage and reduces armor by 10% for 60 seconds, and Execute which deals massive damage and can not be blocked, dodged, or parried.
- Nazgrim can fling his mace at a player inflicting Bonecracker. Which reduces their health to half and deals damage every second for 30 seconds.
While he is attacking or hit Nazgrim earns rage, once he gets enough rage he will use the abilities listed below. Any time he uses an ability that costs rage, he will not be able to gain rage for 15 seconds.
- Heroic Shockwave - He will leap at a random player and deal heavy AOE damage around the area, in addition he will leave aftershocks along the way that ripple for damage several seconds later.
- Kor'kron Banner - He can place a banner that allows his allies attacks to generate rage for him.
- Ravager - This is a huge whirling blade that he will through out that deals massive damage if you are struck. Once thrown this stays in play for the rest of the battle.
- War Song - This ability consumes 100 rage and deals 75% damage to all players.
- Kor'kron Ironblade - Uses a two handed weapon and has a whirl wind attack.
- Kor'kron Arcweaver - Uses an arcane shock that deals damage and applies a stacking debuff that increases damage taken by 25%. Also has an AOE blast ability and a blink.
- Kor'kron Assassin - A rogue based add with a backstab and assassin's mark which shows which player it will attack. Can not be tanked.
- Kor'kron Warshaman - Protects allies with earth shield, and heals them with chain heals and healing tide totems.
- Kor'kron Sniper - This add uses a hunter's mark shows which player it will attack, will attack with shots and multi-shots, and can not be tanked.
/raid Avoid AOE, DPS Priority is adds (shaman, assassin, sniper) then boss.
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Warcraft Game Page.