Aika Epic II: Exodus Expansion Launches August 11th
In addition to the upcoming expansion launch, players will also have the chance to enjoy a Triple XP event beginning today and continuing through August 9th.Â Playing the game from now until the expansionÂs launch will also make players eligible to win a number of rewards during AikaÂs Play for Rewards summer event. In-game enemies will also drop skulls that can be used to enter you into a grand raffle to win weapons and items.
Check out the official press release after the break for more expansion details.
Aika OnlineÂs Epic II: Exodus Begins August 11, 2011
Sunnyvale, Calif. Â August 9th, 2011 Aika Online launches into a new era with Epic II: Exodus, the first expansion to this critically-acclaimed MMORPG. Starting August 11th, those bold enough to challenge the new island of Traband will find a frozen wasteland filled with ferocious monsters, challenging quests, and fiercely warring factions. The battle that seemed over has only just begun, so pick your nation and join the war today!
- Â· New Zone: Traband used to be a temperate and beautiful island Â before the Dark Legion built a floating city that sucked the warmth from it, turning it into a frozen wasteland where only the most bloodthirsty beasts survive. Now, the warriors of Aika must fight to reclaim the island and save it from the dark forces that threaten its people.
- Â· New Level Cap: Fight your way to the increased level cap at 75 and get brand new skills and items to enhance your power.
- Â· New Mounts: Epic II introduces brand new mounts for each class, from the Rainbow Catacorn to the Black Metal Velostrom.
- Â· Tower Wars: Nations battle to seize control over the three towers in Traband. The nation that commands all three gains access to a special area and suffers no debuffs from the ancient towers!
Prepare for the Epic!
Train yourself for the battles ahead by participating in AikaÂs pre-launch bonus events. New and old players can take advantage of XP boosts and win free items to prepare for the update.
- Â· Triple XP: Play between August 5th and August 9th to receive three times the XP and buff up your character in preparation for the new challenges of AikaÂs Epic II.
- Â· Play for Rewards: Win prizes for every day you play Aika between now and August 11th with AikaÂs Play for Rewards summer event. The more you play, the better the prizes. Missed a few days already? You can still join the fun! Submit fan videos or slay your enemies to earn extra days of rewards.
- Â· Hunt Your Enemies: Defeat your foes and collect their skulls to enter a grand raffle for great weapons, items, and more! Enhance the glory of your nation by seizing the grand prize, a unique weapon that only the mightiest can wield. Each skull you collect improves your chance of winning!
About Aika Online
Aika Online is an epic fantasy MMORPG developed by JoyImpact (now part of HanbitSoft), creators of Neo Steam: The Shattered Continent. Five nations vie against one another for control of Arcan in massive castle sieges, relic thefts, and customized battlegrounds, waging war on a scale never before seen in an MMORPG. Considerable treasures and blessings await the most powerful nation in Aika, with each nation ruled by a player Lord Marshal whose supreme power is supported by a guild regime. Preeminence is an uncertain throne, however, as nations may ally together to usurp the ruling kingdom and clans may conspire to overthrow the foremost guilds. Players take a pivotal role in this drama as they choose one of six classes, each of which undergoes multiple evolutions, and are assisted by their PranÂan intelligent, sassy fairy familiar which supports them in all their endeavors. AikaÂs gameplay innovations have not gone unnoticed. The Korea Game Industry Agency (KoGIA) awarded Aika the prestigious 2009 Best of Show: Prime MinisterÂs Award, PlayerÂs Choice: Best Online Game, and Best Game Design & Scenario.
Users can download the game and find out more about Aika Online at http://aika.gpotato.com.
Founded in 2004, gPotato is a leading publisher of free-to-play online games. The gPotato Game Portal at www.gpotato.com hosts a diverse and lively portfolio of games such as Fly for Fun, Rappelz, Tales Runner, Iris, Luna, Aika, Allods, Prius, and Uncharted Waters Online. Over 10 million registered users gather to play gPotatoÂs games for free every day. Through the uniquely powerful vehicle of online games, gPotato connects people from all over the world to create a fun and friendly global community.