Wargaming.net Announces Phase #2 of World of Tanks Closed Beta
Wargaming.net® is glad to announce the start of the Phase #2 for the closed beta of the much-anticipated World of Tanks panzer MMO game.
The start of the second phase will be followed by the fresh patch offering several new features that will enhance the gameplay and provide more tense cooperation between team-mates:
- Squad fights. Call your friends, join action-packed battles as a single fighting unit of two or three people, and crush enemy defenses by well-coordinated actions.
- Additional modules. Increase your firing rate by installing rammers, improve your tank’s tonnage with suspension stiffeners, put on a camouflage net and decrease your visibility, choose between dozens of upgrades that will improve your vehicle.
- Crew kits. Equip you tank crew with fire extinguishers, repair kits, first-aid sets and other elements providing extra help in battles.
- Brand-new maps. The game maps feature various kinds of terrain and areas to provide great replayability.
As a part of the closed beta testing, the game will be moved to the American servers, which will help the developers team gather all necessary data on the game’s performance in the region.
“We’ve been impressed by the statistics gained at the end of Phase 1,” says Victor Kislyi, producer of World of Tanks. “It shows that the game has already attracted huge interest among gamers from all over the world, and we believe that the new features we have to offer in the upcoming patch will make World of Tanks even more fun and exciting to play”.
Join the beta at: http://game.worldoftanks.com/registration/cbt/
For more information on World of Tanks, visit http://www.worldoftanks.com/.
About World of Tanks
World of Tanks is the first and only team-based massively multiplayer online action game dedicated to armored warfare. Throw yourself into the epic tank battles of World War II with other steel cowboys all over the world. Your arsenal includes more than 150 armored vehicles from America, Germany, and the Soviet Union, carefully detailed with historical accuracy.
A flexible system of authentic vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try any of the vehicles and weapons in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, make deep breaches in enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the force of giant tanks to eliminate opposing armored forces, or become a heavy sniper with long-range howitzers, each unit type has its own advantages and can be extremely effective when operated by a true tank ace.But being a great tank commander alone isn't enough to win! In World of Tanks, it’s all about teamwork. Victory is achieved by combining your combat skills with those of the other members of your team, each playing their own role on the battlefield. Just add your favorite strategy to build your own iron empire and manifest the indisputable authority of the tank! Feel the TANK POWER!
- Action-packed 15-vs-15 PvP Tank battles
- Mixture of Action, Strategy, Simulation and MMORPG genres
- 150 Vehicles, thousands of upgrades
- Unprecedented global Clan Wars
Wargaming.net® is an award-winning strategy game specialist, incorporated in the UK. Its 140-strong development team is located in Minsk, Belarus. Since 1998, the company has shipped 13 titles, including acclaimed Massive Assault series, Order of War RTS published by Square Enix, and three add-ons for Blitzkrieg II. Wargaming.net's Operation Bagration RTS was awarded the Best Strategy Game of 2008 at Russian Game Developers Conference (KRI). At KRI 2009 and 2010 Wargaming.net® was named The Best Developer Company from ex-USSR. At KRI 2010 World of Tanks won “Best MMO” prize. Official web site: www.wargaming.net
To read the latest guides, news, and features you can visit our World of Tanks Game Page.